• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kemo_2002
    So much more than a moderate crafter
    • Aug 2012

Coordinating card packs?

Hi

Can anyone help me, i am looking to buy some card, quite thick, 'm using it to layer onto plywood (to madke it 3D)

I am really struggling to find places to buy pretty coordinating card stock, i see loads of scrapbook paper but not card

Can anyone recommend?

Im looking for mainly pinks at the moment

Thank you

Out of interest, can you mount scrapbook papers onto card and then cut them out as one? o
    Last edited by kemo_2002; 05-05-2013, 09:19 PM.
  • 3dDave
    Super Moderator
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • Aug 2012

How thick in gsm is the card you are after? Have you tried your local printers? The thickest white I have used is 330 gsm, the thickness of a business card. I have card a lot thicker but only in grey. I think you may struggle with thicker than 330ish if you are after coloured. what exactly are you doing so we may help further?

Dave.

Comment

• Christa
      Mega Crafter
      • Aug 2010

Out of interest, can you mount scrapbook papers onto card and then cut them out as one?
      Absolutely...

What size and weight of card are you looking for? There is a lot of very pretty stuff out there and maybe we can help if we better understand what you want it to do/ to do with it

Comment

• Incognito 1
        Banned
        Super crafter
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
        How thick in gsm is the card you are after? Have you tried your local printers? The thickest white I have used is 330 gsm, the thickness of a business card. I have card a lot thicker but only in grey. I think you may struggle with thicker than 330ish if you are after coloured. what exactly are you doing so we may help further?

Dave.
        Dave - I found some people refer to it as board when you get to 300gsm. That makes me think that photographic supplies my have coloured mount board. I got a job lot of second hand craft stuff which included lots of photographic mount board which the person used for decoupage pictures. It was far too thick for me so I gave it away.

Comment

• Mandy66
          500+ Crafters Club
          • Aug 2009

Not sure if this will help but i get my card from here...

Mandy x

Comment

• Craftylicious
            Junior crafter
            • Apr 2013

Hi,
            scrapbook papers can be fixed to card before cutting (if you fix them with a dry adhesive) or you can buy adhesive backed papers.
            it can then be cut with a die cutting machine. if u let me know whether u have a die cutting machine, i will be able to help more. Janet x

Comment

• kemo_2002
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Craftylicious View Post
              Hi,
              scrapbook papers can be fixed to card before cutting (if you fix them with a dry adhesive) or you can buy adhesive backed papers.
              it can then be cut with a die cutting machine. if u let me know whether u have a die cutting machine, i will be able to help more. Janet x

i didnt know if i could put scrapbook paper over card, what type of glue would i use?

I dont have a die cutter, it will be old fashion craft knife and pencil

x

Comment

• kemo_2002
                • Aug 2012

hi guys, it doesnt have to be super thick, ts just so it holds its shape (its for the wing of a butterfly, so will be 3d, only attached one end to give it the look of flapping)

I want to use different coordinating papers for the wing only

does that make sense?

Comment

• Christa
                  Mega Crafter
                  • Aug 2010

It makes perfect sense ... Pretty much any kind of permanent adhesive will stick paper to card... I generally use either ATG gun or tombow (wet glue that dries clear) but everyone has their preference. Have you considered embossing, stamping or using inks, spritzes or similar on the card to get the coordinating effect rather than sticking paper to card?
                  Last edited by Christa; 06-05-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• michael403
                    Junior crafter
                    • May 2013

Search on Google. You will find unlimited collection of the type of card which you mentioned. There are some very finest collection present on internet. last night I was searching on Google and I saw some very creative card packs.
                    Signature Removed

Comment

• papercuttings
                      Junior crafter
                      • Jun 2013

mark! I may need u latter!
                      Signature removed

Comment

Working...
                      X