• Show
Clear All
  • nuttycrafts
    Junior crafter
    • Aug 2007

Baby Scrapbook

Hi,
    I have 2 small children - aged 3 and 5.
    Instead of a traditional baby book I've been doing a scrapbook for each of them. I've fallen a bit behind and just have envelopes with loads of pictures in ready to go! My oldest started school last year, and my youngest starts playschool next week.
    Does anybody know where I can get some nice scrapbook embellishments for starting school?
    Thanks
    Natalie
    www***ttycrafts.co.uk
    Handmade cards and wedding stationery, as well as a wide range of die cut shapes and card toppers.
  • Bowed Over
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • Feb 2007

Not too sure as I do candles but there are a quite a few on here who do, Tip Top and EMEvans off of the top of my head. You could try them, if they can't help might be able to send you in the right direction (sorry I know there are more who do embelishments but that was the only names that came to mind).

Cheers.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

• swirlyarts
      • Jan 2006

I have seen some somewhere but I think it was an american scrapbooking site - that's not much help is it! Hobbycaft have little things like that which would work but they are very expensive. You would be better off having a look at some of the suppliers on here. If you can't find any have a look at the crafts directory that is linked to this forum - grey button in the top left corner!
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

• swirlyarts
        • Jan 2006

Just had another thought - have you tried Etsy.com. If you look through the supplies section you may be able to find something - be warned though there are lots of lovely things on there!!
        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

• nuttycrafts
          Junior crafter
          • Aug 2007

Thanks for that. I'll go and have a look later.
          I don't mind paying a little over the odds for them because it's for my own kids, not something that will be sold on later, so I might pop into Hobbycraft next time I'm there.
          www***ttycrafts.co.uk
          Handmade cards and wedding stationery, as well as a wide range of die cut shapes and card toppers.

Comment

• Tip Top
            • Apr 2007

Hello Natalie!
            Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I have some pencils and crayons, glue and notebook die cuts - have a look on my site under 'education' - see what you think (the crayons are not on but they are the yellow Sizzix die) - if you want any let me know as happy to send you some or do a swop??!!

Comment

• nuttycrafts
              Junior crafter
              • Aug 2007

Hi,
              Thanks for that. They look great. The crayons would be great for Oliver as he's only starting playschool. If there is anything I have that you'd like I'd be more than happy to swap with you
              www***ttycrafts.co.uk

Comment

• Tip Top
                • Apr 2007

Ooohhhh! I'll have a look on your site and will pm you!
                Jobs a good un!

Comment

• Snow angel
                  Super crafter
                  • Feb 2007

Have you thought about joining the UKS forum its all about scrapbooking and there will be a few peole on there that will know where to get what you after i do know of a few scrapbooking shops if you want some links to them. I also have lots of dies here so if theres any i can cut for you im more then happy to do so i use Bazzil card stock as i know its good to use in scrapbooks being Acid free

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

• nuttycrafts
                    Junior crafter
                    • Aug 2007

Thanks, I'll have a look at that later on.
                    As well as everything else I've got to do, I'm trying to potty train my 3 year old - He's not interested in underpants, won't go naked, but wants a clean nappy everytime he pees at the moment!!! Nightmare
                    www***ttycrafts.co.uk

Comment

• Tip Top
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by nuttycrafts View Post
                      Thanks, I'll have a look at that later on.
                      As well as everything else I've got to do, I'm trying to potty train my 3 year old - He's not interested in underpants, won't go naked, but wants a clean nappy everytime he pees at the moment!!! Nightmare

Oh yes! JBJB and I had a 'conversation' about this sort of thing a while ago - know what you're going through! I have a 2 year old (well, he will be next week) and a 4 year old (he will be the week after!) and not a bundle of laughs! Not done anything with the youngest yet - leave it to nursery hehehehe!!

Comment

• nuttycrafts
                        Junior crafter
                        • Aug 2007

Oliver was only 3 in June so I'm not pushing too hard. Tomos was only 5 last week so it's a similar age gap. Oliver is a funny little boy - very set in his ways!

The Health Visitor said that the playschool he's going to like all pre-schoolers to be potty trained. I'm hoping he'll catch on when he starts going and seeing the other kids wearing underpants!

Anyway, I promised the kids we could make cakes after lunch if they behaved so I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning!!!
                        www***ttycrafts.co.uk

Comment

• EMEvans
                          Super Big Crafter
                          • Feb 2007

Hi, just checked my website (never remember what i have off hand) the only thing i can find school related are these

Emma
                          Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                          Sassy Crafts Blog
                          My Blog

Comment

• samsq
                            So much more than a moderate crafter
                            • Jul 2007

Hi, Ukscrappers would be your best bet.

If you register and then put a post in the "shop till you drop" section a sponsor selling these embellishments will respond accordingly.

(I am a sponsor on Ukscrappers but unfortunately I can't think of anything suitable for pre school, but you can see my embellishments here)

Comment

• nuttycrafts
                              Junior crafter
                              • Aug 2007

oo thanks. I'll do that later.
                              www***ttycrafts.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X