PDA

View Full Version : Mr Site - can anyone help?!

Tip Top
22-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I've followed a few threads and their replies regarding using Mr Site as a means to sell on t'internet and I'm seriously thinking of going down that route (although I have a website at the mo, its a free hosted one and has dammed ads popping up all over the place and there is no shopping cart facility etc and I think this is putting people off as I get at least 30 hits a day).

Anyway, can anyone tell me if Mr Site does the hosting - in that all the files are held by them or do I have to introduce a third party for free hosting as I currently do:confused:

I've had a look through all the bumpf but I must be a bit gormless as I can't find the answer (but have started on the wine early as both kids in bed asleep before 7pm - yippeeeee!!!)

Would appreciate any advice! :D
Ta!!

PerkyPigs
22-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Nope, Mr Site does the hosting hun, I think it is 150mb webspace.

Jules xx

handmadeheaven.biz
23-06-2007, 12:44 PM
it's a good package for the basics. i'd recommend it. mine is hosted through them and though i do have a few things i'd rather they did differently, it's pretty good all in all :)

julz
23-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Steph

Did you use use Mrsite to build it as well as hosting?

Sorry to sound stupid!

Love your fused glass especially the wall hangings

Julz:)

Poppy4lee
23-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I've just ordered Mr Site off Amazon for 16.97 (inc. VAT and postage) - seems like a pretty good deal to me!

Tip Top
23-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I've just ordered Mr Site off Amazon for 16.97 (inc. VAT and postage) - seems like a pretty good deal to me!

That was one of the attractions!!:D
I think anything has to be better that what I currently have and I think I'll go for it.

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated!:)

PerkyPigs
23-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with then :)

I originally used Mr Site to build my site with, but now I just host my site with them and use Frontpage to design and upload.

Mr Site is easy enough to use though.

Jules x

littlesnuggler
23-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I use Mr Site and I think, yes it's basic, but it's perfectly good enough for my items and really easy which is always a bonus.

Tip Top
23-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks! :)

Is there a limit on the number of items it will hold - I have probably around 150 different items at the moment and hopefully will expand (time permitting!) to more like 500 - will it hold this many? Or is it limited to how much space I have?

Should have asked this initially - seem to be doing everything back to front these days...

michelleC
23-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks! :)

Is there a limit on the number of items it will hold - I have probably around 150 different items at the moment and hopefully will expand (time permitting!) to more like 500 - will it hold this many? Or is it limited to how much space I have?

Should have asked this initially - seem to be doing everything back to front these days...

Not really sure on that one, but the shopping baskets seems to be pretty good and also the Galery. I suppose it would depend on size??

handmadeheaven.biz
24-06-2007, 09:01 AM
might be worth dropping them an email. they're really helpful :)