View Full Version : what is this called/do you sell it? picture included

29-10-2010, 12:58 PM

So I need a bit of help, and its Christmas related, so I put it in this section.
I am looking to buy something which I call a bauble topper. Ages ago my local craft shop sold these, but they have stopped selling them and I have been trying to find someone else who does. However not knowing a proper name makes interent searching tricky.
I've been phoning up craft shops to ask if they sell them and then I though, I will post a picture on here and see if anyone recognises it and hopefully has some in their craft shop (fingers crossed!)

It is a piece of wire (usually copper colour) which is bent into a loop with two prongs from it. The prongs are pushed through the centre of a bead cap.
Then you push the prongs into a styrofoam ball, and then the ball can be hung from a tree with ribbon attatched.
Any help is much appreciated!

29-10-2010, 01:01 PM
No idea what they are called but I think "bobble hanging thing'ies " is a good description

Have googled this already and nothing :(

Loving the diagram though :-)

Good luck in your search :)

Lilac Moon
29-10-2010, 04:38 PM
have you tried paper fastener type things at stationery shops? failing that could you cut a safety pin down?

29-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Know what you mean but not a clue on the name sorry

30-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Thats ok guys, I'll keep looking!
Think I'll just buy some wire and make them myself.

30-10-2010, 07:03 PM
here is this what you are looking for?

grrrr it won't let me post the link i'll message you

31-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Wish, thank you so much! That is exactly what I am looking for!! :)

02-11-2010, 01:28 AM

I've been looking for these and the only place I could find them was


If you found a different place could you let me know ... pretty please?


02-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Little_hands, that link was the same place that Wish found for me and PM'd. I emailed the seller, and that price is for 100 pins. I have been looking for these for a few years, and this is the best place I have seen lately, exactly what I am looking for.
I hope this helps : )

02-11-2010, 08:46 AM
I hope this helps : )

Thanks kaod55. Very helpful.

I've been looking for months and only found these guys. You'd think there would be loads of places selling them!! I was trying to find the ones that have more of a cylindrical cap. Better get a couple of boxes in ... should last me a few years :)