PDA

View Full Version : Parcel not arrived...

CleoCrafts
21-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi all,

I got an email from one of my ebay customers yesterday to say her sticker maker cartridge refill never arrived which she paid for on 9th March. I have a postage receipt from the local post office which is proof of postage. Anyone else recovered compensation from the post office for stuff going missing in the post? I think I will just send her another one as a replacement, rather than lose a customer, only its going to cost me another five pounds plus the postage!! How annoying!

Bowed Over
21-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Did you send the parcel recorded or special delivery. The post office can check who signed for the parcel. If you go into the Royal Mail web site and track the parcel with the reference number on your receipt it should tell you what stage the parcel is at. If the parcel has been delivered they should be able to tell you who signed for it.

It is a bit of a hassle but they will reimburse you if you have used recorded or special delivery.

Hope this helps.

twilightsewn
21-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Is this a regular customer who has bought from you before? It's worth checking their reputation if not, I remember reading on the ebay forums about a buyer who'd claimed they hadn't received a parcel, but with several sellers, it soon adds up to a lot of freebies.

Sorry to sound cynical, even 5 is a large amount to lose.

Shana

Seahorse
21-03-2007, 02:06 PM
I can understand your annoyance, it is alot for you to lose for nothing.

I asked for a replacement of an order as the first was faulty, they said theyd send more out, 3 weeks later nothing(usually reaches me in a week)so I emailed to say Id recieved nothing,a 2nd replacement was sent out, that one got to me in a week.

Heaven knows where the original replacement is!!Floating around in postal limbo I assume.

goldy1
21-03-2007, 02:14 PM
We are having major hassle with our post at the moment. since xmas
2. missing
1. damaged
1. sent back to sender as card not put through door to pick up from depot.( claimed for postage cost and recived check on this.)
1. 5 days late.

On watchdog this week about royal mail being fined for bad practise. :o
"You don't say" :D

Seahorse
21-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Very cheeky as they have just put their prices up!!

swirlyarts
21-03-2007, 04:15 PM
You can get a form from the post office to fill out and you send the proof of postage off with it - make sure you take a copy first though. Don't expect much back from them though - I got full refund once when I had to claim and both other times I got a book of 6 stamps!!

Ruby-designs
28-03-2007, 03:07 PM
No problems with my postie apart from getting him up in the mornings, my hubby's lovely;)

goldy1
28-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Update on parcels Make that another missing this time coming from the USA. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: