View Full Version : A little bit of guidance required

07-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Over christmas I was looking at doing some candy cane wrappers, snowman soup etc for my craft fairs. Does anyone know if you need to your food hygiene certificate to sell sweets. My intention is to put pre bought sweets,small packets in little gift sets and I am not sure if you need it just to resell them.

Also if you do need it how is the easiest way to go about obtaining. I didhave one years ago when working at the Pleasure Beach but I would think this would have expired.

Thanks in advance

07-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Why not phone your local EHO? They are there to help.


08-10-2009, 08:18 AM
To my knowledge you do NOT need a certificate to sell any food stuffs that have been bought prepacked and sold in the same packing they were purchased. The problems start to come in when you are opening and repacking or making from scratch. Though I would check it out to be sure. Hope this helps.

08-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for that it is much appreciated