PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of my newest creation?

juliemarley
08-05-2009, 11:46 PM
This is my newest creation, i made the mould myself, they even smell like bourbon biscuits, yum yum ;)

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=608&pictureid=5265

thankyou for looking. :)

wendy
09-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Oh my word, how lovely and scrummy!!! :)

ElaineJ
09-05-2009, 09:37 AM
They're very effective.

(Be careful though if you're going to sell them as they could be breaching copyright)

Madly Creating
09-05-2009, 10:38 AM
:D I could never use that! It looks so delicious I'd end up eating it by mistake! Yeah - I'm a bit thick! ;)

Critchley
09-05-2009, 11:02 AM
They are so true to life. Imagine the shock if you took a bite.

Soap_for_breakfast
09-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow! is that made by cold process? it sure is a work of art;)

Kitty11
09-05-2009, 07:47 PM
You could supply these to a joke shop!! I could certainly play a few tricks with them:mf:

cbld
09-05-2009, 08:14 PM
WOW - how cool!!

juliemarley
09-05-2009, 11:55 PM
:) thanks every one, glad you all like them, my sister came today i put some on a plate lol, she was just ready to dip it in her tea then i told her lol. :D They would be quite good in a joke shop - maybe i have found my newest sales outlet??? :) I made them with cold process and i done some in melt and pour, have to say melt and pour looks better.

greannancrafts
10-05-2009, 06:50 AM
They're very effective.

(Be careful though if you're going to sell them as they could be breaching copyright)

Well done, very novel!!!

As ElaineJ says - check out any copyright issues.

And be sure to label them as "soap" do not eat!! Would't want TS after you;)

Jane

Pagan
10-05-2009, 07:16 AM
how fantastic are those!

Fluffy Squirrel
10-05-2009, 08:53 AM
These look great, very effective too :D

Moonbeam Angel
10-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Very true to life, although personally I find things like this a bit strange, I like my soap and candles etc to look like what they are!

As Simon Cowell said last night "it's a bit like a dog miaowing"

beckyboo
10-05-2009, 03:01 PM
they look good enough to dunk !! really lovely .....

i'm with moonbeam on the soaps looking like soaps bit though, novelty soaps just gather dust in my house ....i'm a liquid soap user

LORRAINE D
10-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Yum Yum I could eat them :mf:

removed10
11-05-2009, 04:56 AM
What;s the copyright issue - do they look just like some cookies on the market "over there?" They do indeed look yummy. Now I wonder - has anyone been sued because someone bit in to a food-like soap?? Truth is stranger than fiction....

Now, I have always thought that soap makers are frustrated chefs and mad-scientists...always experimenting and "cooking up" new ideas!

My soaps just look like bars of soap, and at markets where we do our etsy team booth, my soaps don't sell, but the woman who makes soap that looks like popsicles sells a lot!

juliemarley
11-05-2009, 02:21 PM
:Dthanks everyone who likes them and thankyou to the ones who prefer usual looking soaps, i just decided to make the mould and this is what i ended up with, i have never tried to sell any biscuit soap creations as yet, not sure if i will either, i make this type of soap for fun, to me craftting is all about fun. I have to say when it comes to washing i use either a soap that looks like a soap or liquid, i use novelty ones for decoration, Currently i am having cake/food type soaps tested for choking hazard, injury, etc, As everyone is aware this is something you need if you plan on selling, would hate to think that anyone becomes ill because of a novelty item that i made.:)

indri
11-05-2009, 02:44 PM
They look good enough to eat! I hope no one is going to attempt to eat them.....

Pauline@weddingtreasures
11-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Oh gosh they certainly do look good enough to eat!!!

Pauline :D:D:D:D

removed10
11-05-2009, 04:18 PM
i just decided to make the mould and this is what i ended up with,

Well, I am very impressed that you make moulds - that is way cool! I always see the same goat molds everywhere - Milky Way makes most of the goat ones I have seen. A "farm goat" that I like and a mom goat with her nursing kid...I have seen a couple of goat candy molds at ...hmmmm, now what was that place Khimaira Dairy or something like that...in VA....that I thought would be good sample sizes...

I have seen lots of Kokopeli soap molds - bet you could do a cool goat mold of that style and sell lots - there was a cave drawing goat design that is popularly used in websites and clip art but never in a soap mold.

Okay, so my father was depressed after my mother died (she was 91) and so I asked him to help me with my soap - put him to work grating some bars to hand mill. They smelled like pumpkin pie...he later told me they sure smelled good but did not taste good at all....er....

I also saw my 3 year old granddaughter take a little lick of a bar of the same scent soap...what a face she made!!

juliemarley
11-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, I am very impressed that you make moulds - that is way cool! I always see the same goat molds everywhere - Milky Way makes most of the goat ones I have seen. A "farm goat" that I like and a mom goat with her nursing kid...I have seen a couple of goat candy molds at ...hmmmm, now what was that place Khimaira Dairy or something like that...in VA....that I thought would be good sample sizes...

I have seen lots of Kokopeli soap molds - bet you could do a cool goat mold of that style and sell lots - there was a cave drawing goat design that is popularly used in websites and clip art but never in a soap mold.

Okay, so my father was depressed after my mother died (she was 91) and so I asked him to help me with my soap - put him to work grating some bars to hand mill. They smelled like pumpkin pie...he later told me they sure smelled good but did not taste good at all....er....

I also saw my 3 year old granddaughter take a little lick of a bar of the same scent soap...what a face she made!!

Thankyou i might try and make an unusual goats mould, ive never sold moulds to be honest this was the first i ever made :D but i will be making more for sure :) if i manage to make a good goats one, ill send you it free of charge :D

Softy Walter
11-05-2009, 04:49 PM
OMG they look great! You could even design your own biscuit shapes if you wanted to avoid a copyright issue! the possibilities are endless!

juliemarley
11-05-2009, 04:52 PM
OMG they look great! You could even design your own biscuit shapes if you wanted to avoid a copyright issue! the possibilities are endless!

Thankyou :) im designing cakes at the min :D

removed10
11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
So I took my granddaughter to see her daddy at the restaurant the other day, and a young woman was waiting in the entry to see him, with a display carrier of little cupcakes and cakes and I thought to myself, those soaps look so real...

Oh for gosh sakes, of course they were real - not real soap!!! Real cakes and pastries! She was applying for a job at the restaurant!

Gotta broaden my scope....

ElaineJ
12-05-2009, 02:08 AM
What;s the copyright issue - do they look just like some cookies on the market "over there?" They do indeed look yummy. Now I wonder - has anyone been sued because someone bit in to a food-like soap?? Truth is stranger than fiction....

In answer to the first question - yes they do; Bourbon biscuits (cookies) have been a classic over here for decades.

In answer to the second - I don't know about sueing but people have been told by Trading Standards officers to take soap/bathmelts which look like sweets off the market (Trading Standards officers' actions do vary from one area to another - in this case another officer might have said to ensure that the goods were labelled with a warning and in yet another area they may not have caused a comment.

Apple Tree Crafts
13-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Can I throw a spanner in the copyright works?

If you buy Sainsbury's/Tesco's/Asda's own brand Bourbons they all say 'Bourbon' just like Julie's soaps.

Who made the original Bourbon biscuits and does the original copyright still exist if stores can make own brand Bourbons and actually call them 'Bourbon'?

Does the name Bourbon now represent a style of biscuit (like Cheddar cheese) or an existing biscuit manufacturer?

Everyone seems to be making their own Nice/Bourbon/Rich Tea/ Digestive (add infintum) biscuits so I don't think Julie has a copyright problem from that perspective. However, she needs to stop other soapmakers pinching her idea!

Jules