PDA

View Full Version : Old Rose melts

ElaineJ
16-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I made two small batches last night.

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=341&pictureid=3574

The smaller one is a solid blend of Shea, Cocoa and Mango butters with dairy butter powder and a little fizz to help dispersal. The larger piped one has much more fizz and Coconut oil instead of Mango butter.

The fragrance is a blend of rosy EOs with myrrh and clove to fix.

(I might change the name to Khayyam though - as in this old rose in someone's flickr collection, I did try a Khayyam soap months ago - but far too much powder colour in so the colour was really deep and the lather was very pink - I'll make a pale pink soap with a few shavings of the dark one mixed in)

greannancrafts
17-02-2009, 01:48 AM
I did try a Khayyam soap months ago - but far too much powder colour in so the colour was really deep and the lather was very pink

Reminds me of the time I first used charcoal, I came out of the bath looking like a chimney sweep:)
There are lovely Elaine, I can smell them from here - well done.

Jane

ElaineJ
17-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Thanks Jane.

I've just realised that I didn't put the link to the rose pic and I've lost it now, will have to go looking again. It's a pink damask rose and the original was raised from a seedling found by the grave of Omar Khayyam and an offspring was planted on the grave of Edward Fitzgerald who translated his works (I have some soaps with silk which have a story behind the name)

Ruth Moulds
17-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Yummy they look good enough to eat:mf:
Brian