PDA

View Full Version : Using Friendly Plastic

Bea
19-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Just ordered some ''sticks'' of friendly plastic from forum member Craft Cellar!!

I intend to play with it during the Bank Holiday weekend if I ever find the time.... I'd like to make some pendants for a craft fair...

Any advice would be appreciated... At the moment I am just really intrigued! :p

Bea
25-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Not received my parcel yet **sniff**
If I don't get it by Saturday, I'll definitely won't have time to experiment and make stuff for the craft fair.....

Seahorse
25-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Oh no, hope you receive it soon,Theres nothing like experimenting with new goodies.

I have to admit, I placed an order today, 2 actually, but combined it came to about £23 so its kind of ok.

Bea
26-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Got it!! But no idea what to do with it! I'll have to look up instructions online...

beadsbydesign
27-05-2006, 11:52 AM
It sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend.....I on the other hand are going off camping to Whitby for the weekend. It's cold, it's wet and I would much rather be playing!!!
I've never used friendly plastic. Is there any way we can see what you have get up to with the plastic.

utopiapoppy
27-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Something I've always thought about playing with too.

Would be very interested in seeing the results!

Fiona

Bea
30-05-2006, 09:33 AM
mmmm I'll keep the results to myself. :p I used the oven but it bubbled, stuck to the foil, etc... Anyway I'll put it away for now. I need a heat gun I think, to control the heat better! My hair dryer just blew the stuff away and the hot water technique, well not sure how I can control the temperature....

beadsbydesign
30-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Some of the world great inventions have come about as the result of mistakes!!!!
Keep playing!

sweet18
27-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Just keep on trying I hope you’ll figure out what’s the best for it.;)

TerriWoah
28-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I LOVE friendly plastic, its really versatile. But I think sometimes for pendants etc it runs the risk of looking a bit cheap. But if done nicely it reminds me of dichroic glass.
Its really lightweight aswell so when I was making pendants I tried things like putting coiled wire in patterns in it and beads etc, then giving it a light coat of epoxy resin glue.

pepsi
28-03-2010, 11:41 AM
I have some too. Tried the hot water method and ended up in a mess LOL. Haven't tried it again, so will watch with interest. I too need help Ahhhh!!!! xxx :o