PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your lip balm packaged?

ElaineJ
22-01-2009, 07:30 PM
What container do you like lip-balm to come in - I wouldn't buy anything other than a stick.

stick
pot or jar
tin
don't mind

debsjeans
22-01-2009, 07:45 PM
but stick for my children.

claireybear
22-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I chose pot or jar because I have really dry lips and so like to keep a lip balm in my pocket. Sticks of lip balm tend to melt and break off into the lid if you do this with them!

drynosedog
22-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I chose stick as even though little jars look really pretty, you dont have to put your finger into the stuff to get it on your chops!

helena
22-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I like flat tins, with lids that fit tight lift off best (wouln't be bothered with screw tops!) Specific or what!?
.....but my little girl loves the sticks (suppose it seems like lipstick for her?) and has a great number in pockets, bags, every where in fact!!!

Helena xxxxx

Moonbeam Angel
22-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I put that I don't mind, I like a stick or a pot, so does my daughter,

I go more for what's in it than the packaging it's in.

rhulme
22-01-2009, 09:19 PM
i make mine in little 6.5ml pots:D

greannancrafts
22-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi

I find jars messy -the balm gets stuck under my nails.

HTH

beckyboo
22-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I voted stick as with a pot I end up using more than I need plus a stick fits in my purse ;)

ElaineJ
22-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks people.

I've just had my Balms and Butters SA through and am wondering how many of each type of container to order.

Labels are going to be a challenge whatever!!

claireybear
23-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks people.

I've just had my Balms and Butters SA through and am wondering how many of each type of container to order.

Labels are going to be a challenge whatever!!

Oooh Balms and Butters sounds very appealing!!!! Is that the name of a supplier?

ElaineJ
23-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Oooh Balms and Butters sounds very appealing!!!! Is that the name of a supplier?

No - it's the products which I will be making having had my recipes assessed by a cosmetic chemist (required by law).

autumn rose
23-01-2009, 09:32 AM
I prefer a stick too Elaine, what flavours have you come up with?

ElaineJ
23-01-2009, 10:21 AM
what flavours have you come up with?

I have loads of possibilities using natural essences and edible essential oils - coffee, chocolate, mint, various citrus and other fruits, spices and any combination of these.

I won't be using any synthetic flavourings though.

autumn rose
23-01-2009, 10:45 AM
I have loads of possibilities using natural essences and edible essential oils - coffee, chocolate, mint, various citrus and other fruits, spices and any combination of these.

I won't be using any synthetic flavourings though.

Sounds great, fruity pineapple would be nice, mint sounds good too.

cupcake
23-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Sounds lovely. I voted for pot or jar because I find lip balms that come packaged that way feel a bit more special if you know what I mean. Sticks are good too but more day to day.

colourart
23-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I put stick although I bought a little pot last week which was like a tiny tub of ice cream, its smells gorgeous but has a little twisty thing at the bottom so it works like a stick.

spagbog
23-01-2009, 01:31 PM
i prefer a stick of lipbalm. Having to stick your fingers in all the time isnt very hygenic and i always end up with sticky fingers, lol.

ElaineJ
23-01-2009, 02:05 PM
I bought a little pot last week which was like a tiny tub of ice cream, its smells gorgeous but has a little twisty thing at the bottom so it works like a stick.

That's interesting.

Somewhere I've seen a twist-up tube/stick which is larger than the usual 5g one sold on various suppliers' sites - can't find the page now though (working through my bookmarks).

rhulme
23-01-2009, 03:42 PM
hi i make a rum& raisan one, cola, pineapple, strawberry, lemon and lime, choc mint, vanilla.................... minds gone blank

Trixie
23-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I prefer stick, i find tins etc too messy

Lomond Soap
23-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Metal sliptins are my favs. Real easy to open, flat enough to put in your pocket, very little weight to them. Look nice too ;)

Daisy & Me
24-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Oh, I voted pot or jar, but now I think I may be changing my mind - to tins.

Can I vote again?

Who was it said that pots make the balm seem more special? I totally agree - have several stick types which hang around at the bottom of coat pockets, but the ones in pots are kept for "special".

And I LOVE fruity ones - have had a mango one from Body Shop for years & years - would use it more often if I thought I could get something similar. *HINT* :mf:

Ooooh, photographs and a menu please, Elaine :p

ElaineJ
24-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Looking at the way the polls work I don't think you can vote again.

I'm just sorting out some recipes so pics will be in a day or two.

I have Mango & Lime (mixed) essence - went to a site yesterday to order Mango and some others and their software wanted to charge me Outlying Islands delivery rate (where does it think Wales is??) and they can't sort this out for me until Monday.

I've ordered some little stainless steel tins (still dubious about aluminium).

(wonder whether I ought to do a Flavours Poll)

debsjeans
24-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Next time do a multi poll for those who are torn between flavours if you do a poll that is.

wabbit
24-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I voted for stick too. I like to apply and go! Although tins are jars are more aesthetically pleasing I hate the way I end up with balm under my nails and then on my finger and i have to wipe it off.

Looking forward to voting on flavours :mf: