PDA

View Full Version : i need help!!

emmaw20
21-01-2009, 05:13 PM
i am trying to find a sewing / embroidery machine?
what i really want to do is embroide small pictures/text onto items to sell at craft fairs.
i have looked on some web sites and im a bit puzzled about what i need.
in the argos book there are some sewing machines that have a free motion embroidery feature, what does that mean?

please help

pollyanna-patchwork
21-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi There,

Free motion embroidery is not what you are after - that is when you can drop the feed dogs and move your fabric around at will to create your own design/ pattern.

If you want to be able to embroider pictures onto things, you need a special embroidery machine.

You do not mention whether or not you want to be able to sew as well as it possible to buy a machine that just does embroidery...e.g. Janome 200E. I don't know what your budget is but you can pick these up for around 300. http://www.jaycotts.co.uk/acatalog/Janome_200E___More_details.html

I am biased towards Janome as I own the MC9500 which is an embroidery AND sewing machine. But Brother, Husquavana (sp?) and others make embroidery only machines too.

I also signed up to a website called www.embroiderydk.com and for about $6 USD a month you get access to over 8000 designs that you can download and embroider.

I hope this helps,

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Alison