PDA

View Full Version : My 1st piece of Crochet!!

GlamGlass
06-01-2009, 11:39 AM
My Secret Santa......Mummycupcake.....had sent me a little crochet bag, with wool, a needle and a pair of scissors.
Yeaterday I knitted my first bag and used the crochet needle to help me with the sewing.

I thought today would be a good day to give crochet a go and made this little flower from the wool and the kit from Mummycupcake!!!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/3173813952_04c012e83b_m.jpg

Thank you soo much for introducing me to crochet!!!

beadsbydesign
06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
well done you.
Never been able to crochet more than a straight line of loops. (after that it all gets too complicated.

What a lovely secret santa gift!!

indri
06-01-2009, 11:43 AM
That's very good. I've never been much good at doing things like that, though haven't tried much recently.

Autumn Faerie
06-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh well done, I quite fancy giving crochet a go, lovely Secret Santa idea too :D

Critchley
06-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Clever you. I love crochet, it grows quicker than knitting. Keep going.

GlamGlass
06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I decided after doing the flower, to have a go at something and get used to the stiches. I could not follow the online tutorial person as she did it all far too quick, so I just did it and I have now made a lovely neck warmer for my flower!! I had no idea what I was making as I was doing it!!
It is soo cold today, I have decided to stay in and I am now wearing my neckwarmer and I am not taking it off!!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1067/3174107162_87af93468d_m.jpg

So again Mummycupcake THANK YOU!!!

mummycupcake
06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm so glad you are enjoying your crochet set.

I was a bit worried about doing the secret santa as I mainly make things for babies and small children.

I came across you on another forum and noticed you liked knitting so I was going to make you a knitting bag but I wanted to make something on my embroidery machine so had to keep it small, you had also mentioned you'd like to try crochet so the idea was born.

When I went to buy the crochet hook I totally confused the lady serving me. I tried to explaing what a secret santa was but she just didnt get it. She asked what size I needed, I didn't know. She asked what size you already had, I didn't know. She asked what you were going to make, I didn't know. I ended up asking which was the most popular.:confused::confused: I didn't dare ask her about wool!!! I showed it to my next door neighbour who kindly gave me the wool.

I love your neckwarmer you clearly have a talent for crochet:first:Well done

I hope you liked the picture too x

GlamGlass
06-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Well your gift certainly turned out to be a good'un!!
I loved the picture too!! Very neat stitching!!
Thanks again for all research as I really am over the moon to have discovered crochet!!
:)

Bex
18-01-2009, 01:17 PM
They look really good, and what a good idea to make a neck warmer!

GlamGlass
18-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks bex
I am quite pleased myself!!:D

autumn rose
18-01-2009, 01:52 PM
lovely items, I love to crochet, just never get the time any more.