PDA

View Full Version : Having a moan!

SusieQ
27-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone! I'm having a moan!!! Over the past few weeks I have been busy making lots of Christmas cards only to get a letter at the last minute saying that the Craft Fair I was looking forward to had been over booked!!!! :mad:They sent an apology and my money back but I am so disappointed!!!!! I was really looking forward to it!! Someone put a post on here about a Craft Fair in December but I haven't heard anything more about it so here I am surrounded by Christmas Cards.:o Ready for next year!!!!!! I suppose I can use some of them myself!!! I have tidied all my card 'stuff' up as all this has somehow made me lose interest but I am sure I will find it again. I suppose I can concentrate on the on going extension saga and Christmas now!!!!! Sue xx:mf:

autumn rose
27-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Thats not nice Sue, Sorry to hear that, but dont let it deter you from doing what you love. Where about are you and I will do a bit of searching for a craft fair in your area? It would be such a shame not to sell your cards now following all your hard work! :)

is it Little Neston in Cheshire?

PeggyCrafts
27-11-2008, 09:31 AM
oh no! Is it the port sunlight one which is full??x

SusieQ
27-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Thats not nice Sue, Sorry to hear that, but dont let it deter you from doing what you love. Where about are you and I will do a bit of searching for a craft fair in your area? It would be such a shame not to sell your cards now following all your hard work! :)

is it Little Neston in Cheshire?
Yes it is!! Thanks very much for your help!! Sue xx:D

SusieQ
27-11-2008, 09:51 AM
oh no! Is it the port sunlight one which is full??x
No, I couldn't do that one because of the one that has been cancelled!!! It was in the Chester area. Very nice lady who has promised me a table next year!! Sue xx

PeggyCrafts
27-11-2008, 10:07 AM
perhaps they still have tables at port sunlight??x

Pauline@weddingtreasures
27-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Oh gawd what a blooming pain and can understand how disappointed your are after all your hard work building up your stock!

I hope you manage to get in somewhere else soon.

Pauline :mf:

silvermaid
27-11-2008, 10:38 AM
How about phoning the all local schools to see if they have any xmas fairs?

Melanie

Autumn Faerie
27-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh what a disappointment for you, after all that work - I'd have been gutted too.

Don't let it get you down, could you do an Open House, i'm doing one in a couple of weeks cos I can't get to another craft fair before Christmas and then any cards I've got left I'll use myself.

Hope you get something sorted
x

autumn rose
27-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Im still looking,I wont give up!:D

Have you tried the local churches?

Tip Top
27-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Oh dear Sue that is terrible!

A lot of the schools are having their craft fairs now - Samuel's school is tomorrow afternoon (Friday?!) and I know that some nursing homes / rest homes have them too - so you could try those?

Or pack them up and use them next year as a last resort, knowing, smuggly, that you are almost sorted for cards next year!:D

Pebbles
27-11-2008, 11:20 AM
aw, poor you!

Hope you find something

craftynclothy
27-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Poor you. I know how you feel I had an event cancelled a week ago. Luckily I hadn't made too much extra stock iykwim but it did mean I lost out on the money I was expecting to take that day.

Fingers crossed you find something else.

auntynet
27-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Why not ring a few local schools and ask if you can set up a table in their hall for an hour - to catch the mums when they collect the kids. You never know, they may agree to it if you're giving them something for their funds.

Or you could ask at your local hospital or hospice. Its very popular at our local hospital and there's even a waiting list to get one there.

A hospice may let you have a table for a few hours for residents and visitors to purchase.

I know it might seem like a lot of work setting up a table for only an hour or so but anything is worth a try and so many organisations are happy to help locals out that are going to donate to their charity.

Anything is worth a try.

indri
28-11-2008, 10:08 AM
What a pig that is! Good luck in finding another fair for this year - but like you said at least next year you won't have to work so hard to get them done if nothing much happens this year!

Crafting Teen
15-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry for only just seeing this post, Sue. That isn't fair that the Craft Fair was canceled - I am so sorry ((hugs)). I really hope that you find someone who wants to buy some of your cards - i'm sure you will as they are all lovely!! Maybe you could stick some of your cards in your windows or mention them to your family and friends, that's what I do sometimes and it seems to help when there's no craft events to go to.

I'm sorry that the craft fair was cancelled - I can tell by your post how much your love them and hope you find something that can help and make you feel better and someone to buy your cards - I know we are all a bit stuck for money this year with the Credit Crunch.

You're in my thoughts.
Alison.