PDA

View Full Version : Mentioned Elswhere

ElaineJ
13-11-2008, 07:34 PM
One one soap forum it has been mentioned that Lush are taking stands at Craft Fairs - and on another forum a member said she was at a Coffee Evening and Lush had a stand!!

rhulme
13-11-2008, 07:49 PM
me personnally thinks it should not be aloud as the person selling the stuff has not made the products. therefore can not have a very clear insite into the pros and cons of it. on the plus ( for me anyway) they are way more expensive then me and on a daily basis i have people complain abput how srong they are and there products are to greesy i.e bath bombs
Racheal:sm:

totalelegancesoaps
14-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Omg that can't be allowed can it, I know people talk about large stores pushing smaller shops under but handmade craft item no. I know I like to talk to the stall holders regarding their handmade products. I put alot of time into my soaps and love lol,i better start thinking of some good ideas now.

rhulme
14-11-2008, 08:53 AM
at least we are alot cheaper then them

Bowed Over
14-11-2008, 08:54 AM
It's down to the individual craft fairs you attend really. If they are willing to accept mass prodcued products over man made there's nothing we can do about that really. The best piece of advice is to check with the events organiser if the fair is solely for crafters or if there will be bought in stalls too. I think it is such a shame when someone puts time into making cards say and they get stuck next to Phoenix Cards - I don't know how many times I got stuck next to someone selling Party Lite Candles - made me learn to check who was going to be attending.

Cheers.

Lisa

:D

Ifor-Jones
14-11-2008, 09:04 AM
It's down to the individual craft fairs you attend really. If they are willing to accept mass prodcued products over man made there's nothing we can do about that really. The best piece of advice is to check with the events organiser if the fair is solely for crafters or if there will be bought in stalls too. I think it is such a shame when someone puts time into making cards say and they get stuck next to Phoenix Cards - I don't know how many times I got stuck next to someone selling Party Lite Candles - made me learn to check who was going to be attending.

Cheers.

Lisa

:D

I agree and it is again down to the fact that people don't seem to know what craft means. Generally the "craft" fairs where Phoenix Cards etc are exhibiting are not organised by crafters. Just a question of filling the stalls I am afraid. As Lisa says, best to check if you do not know the sort of event it is.