PDA

View Full Version : Possibly thick question about certification

queenieskingdom
11-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Right, supposing I had developed a new nappy cream/soap/lip balm, and had it tested, and certified safe. I'd got all the product files up to scratch, and insurance. Do I then need to get each individual batch tested and certified, or can I just carry on making as much as I need?
TIA
Q

ElaineJ
11-11-2008, 06:55 PM
My assessments consist of variable base ingredients and list of optional extras (the flexibility varies from one assessor to another) so I can make a range of products for as long as I like on a single assessment; I can also have new ingredients added from time to time.

Even if your assessment is is tighter you can make as many batches for as long as you want.

This is for cosmetic products - if there's a medical or treatment component (e.g. sunscreen) the case could be different.

Assessment for Baby Products is somewhat different and I don't know what is reqired, sorry.

Bath-Bomb.Com
11-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Good info from Elaine - I looked into doing a baby care range but there's a whole other raft of legislation to protect children under 3 years from the risks of skincare ingredients. I'd stay away from it myself and doubt that you'd get insurance.

:)

Jude