PDA

View Full Version : do you sell your cards

paulinespassions
08-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I havemade hundreds of christmas cards I thought I wouls sell them but I cant find anywhere to sell them . The trouble is everyone is buying those cheap boxes you know the ones you get at 1 for 50 and are not prepared to pay for handmade cards. How can I get a market there are no craft fairs etc near me wat should I do.

Ifor-Jones
09-11-2008, 10:20 AM
I find Christmas is the one time I get bulk orders and only sell a few through craft fairs. The first year I did cards I put together a Christmas card brochure (which works for me because I am doing repeat designs) showing the different cards. I just used a book with clear sleeves in and mounted a card bag (cut down) on card - two on each side - and slipped the cards in, with the number of the card beside it and enclosed an order form. I started by asking people who bought my cards whether they were interested and it has increased from there in the last few years. Other people have become interested and now I have a good number of people who I can ask "do you want to see the Christmas card brochure?". The first year it took a while getting it organised, but now it is easier. You do however have to start to get the brochure ready by the end of August!! Next year for you maybe.

Tip Top
10-11-2008, 01:54 PM
I sell my cards usually via word of mouth - people ask me to make specific ones either Christmas or other occassions. Plus I do a few craft fairs a year but also sell the toppers and embellishments that I make. I have some listed on my website but those are the most popular ones and can do repeats of those.

I'm regularly asked to bring selections into work, and I do a basket of cards at nursery when its special occassions (Valentines Day, Mothers Day etc) and I've always done well.

To be honest, I can't keep up with the orders sometimes!

Start small and work your way up! Good luck!