PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited

Autumn Faerie
07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
My order from the US (off eBay) has arrived with a load of dies for my Cuttlebug, I was wondering when they'd come, considering I ordered them on the 27th Oct, that's not bad at all.

Right off for a cutting session I think :D

autumn rose
07-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Have Fun! :D

FairyAlchemy
07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
we will see you in a few days then lol.... have fun..:p

BeadsbyLili
07-11-2008, 06:06 PM
we want to see what you do with them so remember to post pics !

sunshine
07-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Have lots of fun Autumn Faerie and don't forget to post some pics :)

Fluffy Squirrel
07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Are you having fun with your Cuttlebug and new dies?

Don't forget we want to see what you make :D

Autumn Faerie
08-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Just off to Hobbycraft to get some funky foam & then I'll show you what I'm working on :p

ef2
10-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Hi there,
this is my first post and I'm hoping for some reassurance. Well actually I'm probably just looking for someone else to tell me it's alright to spend so much money!

I've read really good reviews of the cuttlebug and I'm just wondering if they really are as versatile as they are advertised to be, do they take dies by other manufacturers easily?

Also, can anyone recommend some nice lowercase letter dies?

Thanks, Liz

Louise88
10-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Do you have a local craft shop?
I work in a craft shop, and all the big die cutting machines that we stock, we also have demo machines for. This is so that when a customer is interested in one, we can show them how it works, and then let them have a play. If you have a local craft shop you could ask if they do demos.

The cuttlebug is so easy to use, it needs no effort to wind it through.
You have dies (cutters) and embossing folders, and there are hundreds of them. If you google cuttlebug dies you'll see what I mean.

You can use other brand dies, and brass stencils, you need to buy an extra mat for this. When using brass stencils it can be harder to wind them through the machine, but there's a way to get it to go through easier, you need to put the top and bottom plate further forward so that the machine grips them properly.

I have access to the shop cuttlebug, but if not, I would buy one, I think that they are great!

Is the cuttlebug the only die cutting machine you have thought about? because there are lots more including big shot, cricut, xyron, robo, wizard. Out of all these I would rate the cuttlebug my fave.

Hope this helps :)

p.s. sorry for rambling, hope I didn't send you to sleep!

Autumn Faerie
10-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi Liz

I've not tried other machines, so I can't compare but I'm very happy with my Cuttlebug and think it's worth the money. Nice to have the rec from Louise as well who has tried the others - thanks Louise :D

Louise88
10-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Cuttlebugs rock! :D (hee hee I'm green, but not very mean :sm:)