PDA

View Full Version : How cool is this?

Pagan
03-11-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm going to have to figure out how to make these

http://www.swingcardstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10&gclid=COvW1qjk2ZYCFRyR1Qodzx7B2g

auntynet
03-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Those are lovely - and only $6 . . . . . thats less than 3! :o Surely you wouldn't be able to make them for that price?

Pagan
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I dunno, it looks like it's just acetate, card and some glittery stuff

Louise88
03-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh yeh! I saw them at craft fair on Saturday, I saw them last year too and made up my mind to have a go, but a year later still not got round to it!
If you look down on it (birds eye view) it's like 6 pieces of acetate, 3 horizontal, 3 vertical and they have slits cut into them and then latched together. It sounds complicated! :D

Autumn Faerie
03-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Wowsers - they look good, I'd be very impressed if I made something like that.

If you do one Louise, show us & tell us how - purleeeeeeease :D:D

Critchley
03-11-2008, 10:02 PM
They're a bit nifty. I bet they take some making. You are dying to have a go arn't you. Look forward to seeing the finished article

sunrise
03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
they are gorgeous !!

Jangle
03-11-2008, 10:38 PM
They look very continental. They are beautiful, I would certainly buy them.

autumn rose
03-11-2008, 11:45 PM
They look great... dont forget to show us when you make one :)

NorthernChancer
04-11-2008, 10:48 AM
sooo cute, me wants!:)

Fluffy Squirrel
04-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Those are fab - I'd have no idea where to start with making one though!! lol :D

xrheax
04-11-2008, 11:22 AM
They are gorgeous - I can't wait to see what you design!

goldy1
04-11-2008, 02:48 PM
There is a cutting die to make these but is a bit expensive. http://www.some-assembly-required.com/index.php?section=browse&action=product-detail&view=&sku=NAS-Die+SG&img_num=4&sn=8

Autumn Faerie
04-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Ooh a bit pricey, bet they give fab results though.

auntynet
04-11-2008, 03:00 PM
At $98 for that I'd rather buy 16 already made up! :D

SusieQ
04-11-2008, 04:50 PM
OOOH!!!!! I love those. I've often thought of having a go myself but as they are so time consuming would it be worth it pricewise? If they can be machine cut it probably wouldn't be so bad but I haven't got a machine!!!! Is there one that would do that??????????????:confused: In the past I have bought a couple of those sort and couldn't bare to part with them!!!! I have one somewhere that is all butterflies. It's gorgeous so I had to keep it. I remember paying 4.99 a few years ago for it!!! I got it in our local garden centre and that was American. The card I mean, not the GC!! Sue xx:mf:

Andrea
04-11-2008, 05:18 PM
They look fantastic.

My friend runs an arts and craft company. Vycombe Arts. I know she has a great big reel of asitate so it can be cut to specific lengths. She also sells various ranges of paints as well.

I suppose once you have one template it wouldn't be so bad. It is just making the first one.

Good Luck

Andrea
from Haken Jewellery

JennieBean
07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Hiya, I sell something similar on my website and on ebay. I have been making these (called sliceforms) for quite a while now.

The two best Christmas ones I have are the snowglobe and the snowflake swing card.

I sell these in 3 different formats for cutting machines (Craft Robo, KNK, and Funtime) and also in JPEG format for you to print and cut and use as a template on whatever card or ascetate you choose.

I have been selling them for 5 on ebay recently, but in the spirit of Christmas, and because this forum is so fab, the first 5 people that contact me via my website will get the snowglobe and swing card JPEGS for free. Thereafter I will sell them for 2 each (2 for the globe and 2 for the swing card). They all come with full instructions, and they are not hard, honest.

Hope I am allowed to post all of this here, if not I apologise.

Autumn Faerie
08-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Hiya, I sell something similar on my website and on ebay. I have been making these (called sliceforms) for quite a while now.

The two best Christmas ones I have are the snowglobe and the snowflake swing card.

I sell these in 3 different formats for cutting machines (Craft Robo, KNK, and Funtime) and also in JPEG format for you to print and cut and use as a template on whatever card or ascetate you choose.

I have been selling them for 5 on ebay recently, but in the spirit of Christmas, and because this forum is so fab, the first 5 people that contact me via my website will get the snowglobe and swing card JPEGS for free. Thereafter I will sell them for 2 each (2 for the globe and 2 for the swing card). They all come with full instructions, and they are not hard, honest.

That's really generous of you :) just saw your other thread, your snowglobes are gorgeous.

silverst170
08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I have a friend who makes these with templates for the craft robo so if anyone is interested please pm me and ill give you her website addy

silverst170
08-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Sorry jENNIE
I never saw your post I only read the first page
it was you I was talking about...............

JennieBean
08-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Awwww thanks Tina :D

Big hugs xoxox