PDA

View Full Version : CP Shampoo Bar or MP SLS Free

Bath-Bomb.Com
14-10-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm trying to formulate a solid shampoo bar which is natural so thought a CP one would work but it's very oily and doesn't lather much.

Does anyone have a tried and tested recipe or a suggestion for a combination of Oils & Butters that would work?

Alternatively I'd be prepared to make a Melt & Pour version but I haven't been able to find a supplier of SLS Free M&P solid shampoo base... does anyone know of one?

Thanks in advance

:)

FairyAlchemy
14-10-2008, 10:36 AM
What was the recipe you used for the shampoo bar? I've just made 2 new ones a hp and cp, they dont have commercial lather but they have a nice smooth lather..:p

Bath-Bomb.Com
14-10-2008, 10:54 AM
I can't recall exactly as it was a first attempt but there was some Avocado, Castor, coconut & Jojoba oil in there with some Shea Butter.

I washed my hair with it last night and it lacks the 'clean' feeling I'd expect and it really didn't lather at all. It is a CP soap so it might need a few more weeks curing.

Do you think I need more butter - Cocoa and Coconut - rather than all the oils?

I'd really appreciate any help as I really don't want to use M&P.

FairyAlchemy
14-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Try less butter and either more coconut or castor, they are the two for the lather but i found the butter seems to cancel it out so I dont use over 5% when I use a butter but if your using jojoba you wont need the butter as well.
Also the longer you can cure it the better. The one you made may just turn out to be a little gem if you cure it longer. I'm having comp probs so I cant get into my recipe program, i'll pm you my base recipe when i get back from germany tom night well thats if my comp does not roll over and crash...
Good luck :p

Bath-Bomb.Com
14-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Thank you for that...I used about 25% Shea so I'll reduce that to 5% or maybe not use any at all!!

I'd love you to send me your recipe...that'd be really sweet of you...I love solid shampoo but hate te thoguht of all those nasty chemicals.

TYSO

:)

ElaineJ
14-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I tried my castille type (70% olive, 30% coconut) as a shampoo bar and it worked OK - mind you my hair seems to be very adaptable.