PDA

View Full Version : SLS alternative

specialgirl7876
07-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi
What can I add to bath bombs to make them foam/bubble, that isn't SLS? I'd prefer something natural if poss...any ideas?
Thanks
Fran

deedoo
07-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi,
Maybe a stupid question but why do you want to make the bath bombs bubble?
I would have thought you are making bath bombs and by nature they do not bubble, if you want something to bubble make bubble bath!

astleysoapco
07-10-2008, 12:57 PM
This is a hard question.

I dont think there is anything, and you would want to make a bath bomb bubble - wants the harm in that - uh?

deedoo
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
no harm in it at all but make bombs and bubble bath, 2 products not 1

Poppy4lee
07-10-2008, 01:43 PM
There's Decyl glucoside or Coco glucoside they are both anionic surfactants but milder than SLS . There's also Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), which is a milder version of SLS. Not sure who stocks them though.

astleysoapco
07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
just a soap used to stock Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), but know they seem that they dont. uhm...

specialgirl7876
07-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks, I haven't made these before and just thinking through ideas. I know Lush do foaming bath bombs but use SLS I think.

I didn't quite expect such a sharp response, are bubbly bath bombs offensive in some way :p:p

May well think about bubble bath too, but still wouldn't want to use SLS as my sisters and nieces suffer from eczema.

Cheers
Fran

Bath-Bomb.Com
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi,

There are a couple of alternatives you can use - Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate and Sodium Cocosulphate - are both mild surfectants that work well in bubble bars.

Not sure where you can get them in powdered form - you may need to contact a cosmetics ingredient supplier.

Hope this helps

:)