PDA

View Full Version : Pergamano art

newnike
30-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Who tell me something about pergamano? What size of pergamano paper I need to emboss it? Where can I find patterns to emboss on pergamano? I need only an embossing pen? Is it the same to emboss a paper card or pergamano?? :confused: Thanks!!!

Critchley
30-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Don't appologise, your English is far better than my Itallian which is non existant.
Cannot answer your question but someone will be along who can.

newnike
30-09-2008, 07:52 PM
It's not important to know Italian but English is important because how could I have learned all these things from this forum?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Caroleecrafts
30-09-2008, 07:53 PM
I am a registered Pergamano teacher, not done it for a while though but will help if I can. Your best bet would to buy a beginners kit as this will give you some designs, parchment and an embossing tool. You first trace with a mapping pen and white ink, then emboss on the back there are various different strokes and depends which tool you use to what effect. If you try Olney Crafts (http://www.olneycraftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Kits.html) the lady who owns the shop is also a registered tutor (she was on the same teachers course as me, way back then).

Good Luck, it is a beautiful craft but quite time consuming.

newnike
30-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Thank you very much Caroline!!! Tomorrow I'll take a look!!!!