PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd introduce myself, so HI!

Piglottie
12-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Hi!

Have just joined this site and thought I would introduce myself in here as well as on the general intro thread. I am a keen cross stitcher (although at the moment am getting a bit sick of santas, angels, christmas trees, puddings et al!) but have only done smallish designs so far. Am hoping to start a larger design, celtic cross, when I've finished all the Christmassy ones.

I also love knitting (replied to Lori's thread) but am quite a newbie. Mum taught me when I was young but haven't knitted in ages until I picked up the needles a couple of months ago. So far have only been brave enough to attempt scarves, but have a cardigan pattern calling out to be started. I also like sewing, but mainly homecrafts and presents rather than clothes.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Piglottie

Tigger
15-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi Piglottie (like the nick by the way ;) ).

I too enjoy cross stitching, though i go through phases!! I really ought to start getting creative for christmas soon, though I might start knitting some small christmas toys for some children I write to. I am also working on a large otter cross stitch, but have been for several years now!! Thats the thing with bigger things, I tend not to get them finished!!

Do you use kits or design your own cross stitch?

Tigger
xxxxxxxx

Piglottie
15-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Hi Tigger

Thanks for the welcome! I mainly use cross stitch kits, although I picked up a couple of lovely cross stitch books in the charity shop for next to nothing and am hoping to do one of the celtic designs out of there (just need to buy my threads and fabric). Designing my own cross stitch sounds a bit too advanced for me - do you design your own? I am hoping to progress from Aida onto evenweave for my next cross stitch, but am not sure I can get my head round it!!! Will have to practise a bit first, I think.

Glad you like the nick! As you may tell, I'm a big Piglet fan and when my husband and I went on honeymoon to Rome last year we took Piglet as we take him everywhere and photograph him (so far we've got pics of him at St Peters, Colusseum, the Pyramids in Egypt!). Anyway, we thought the Italian version of Piglet would be something like Piglottie - so the name was born and its been my username ever since.

Sorry to waffle!

Piglottie

PS Am trying to figure out how to put an avatar on with one of the Piglet pics.

Tigger
22-11-2005, 05:03 PM
hiya,
good way to choose a nick name!! As you can probably guess, I'm a bit of a Tigger fan myself!!

Anyway, in answer to your question, I don't design my own patterns, but use cross stitch kits. Much too complicated the other way I think!

Tigger
xxxxxxx