PDA

View Full Version : What are you knitting?

lori
10-11-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm knitting a pullover for my grandson who is 20 months old. I hadn't knitted anything for years and picked up my needles again when I heard he was on the way. The magic about knitting for little ones is that they don't take so long to complete. :D

I am using Snuggly wool in dark cream with a beige fleck, almost finished the back but have just recently lost the oomph! Perhaps a project for the weekend.

Piglottie
12-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Hi Lori

Have just joined the site so this is my second post. I love knitting but am quite a beginner (mum taught me when I was younger and have just started again). I'm currently making a...... scarf! (obvious beginner knit). Am doing one of those with the Wendy Cosmic and Shimmer wools mixed together - shades of browns and greens, very autumnal. Its looking good but am getting a bit sick of just plain knit, but it is on 15mm needles so they don't take too long (but they are called the 1 hour scarf - but for me more like 4 hours!!!). Have got some wool and a pattern for a cardigan, but am trying to pluck up the courage to take the pattern plunge!

Piglottie

lori
12-11-2005, 03:34 PM
That's why I enjoy knitting for my grandson as he is 2 in March, therefore rather smallish compared to a pullover for myself.

Not too sure how it costs out really though as there are some lovely shop bought jumpers around for little ones. Keeps me occupied when I am listening to audio study tapes though.

I picked it up to knit some today and he was visiting and walked around the room with my wool :( I remember my mother having a little bag with a hole in in and the wool sat inside... have to look for one of those.... but then he would walk around the room with the bag !

Tigger
15-11-2005, 01:11 PM
I like knitting toys, and now have an outlet for them in sending them to Post Pal kids. I just finished a Dinousaur by Jean Greenhowe (I love her patterns!!). The dinousaur is going to a child who LOVES all things jurrasic!!

Love
Tigger
xxxxxxxxx

0103media
15-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Any pictures?

Tigger
15-11-2005, 02:56 PM
there will be just as soon as I get myself organised ;)

Tigger
xxxxxxxx

Craft Cellar
04-04-2006, 05:47 PM
I am knitting a jumper for me, fairly plain but the wool is scrumptious, its a rowan summer tweed. I too haven't knitted for years so lets hope I get to finish it!

ross
04-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi - I dont knit but I am crocheting a few things at the moment - I am finishing a crazy patchwork afghan - and am experimenting with doll shapes - no pattern just going - first doll turned out to be a frog bit of mistake that!
the second promises to be a person shape - just finished a beret
cheers
ross

staceylou007
07-11-2006, 01:39 AM
hi, for the past few years I have spent my winter nights nitting myself a scarf or 2....I have loads! Just straight stitch mind, no knitting a row the pearling a row :rolleyes: My friends have also had the pleasure of receiving a scarf for christmas, They loved them! Knitting is becoming a very fasionable thing I would say, I am only 20 and alot of my friends are around my age, they are all intrigued on how to knit!
I am now knitting an eyeore (a step by step kit) which I had for christmas last year! I have got two ears two parts of his nose and two parts of his face! It is taking forever! I will put some pictures up of the finished product.

stace

grimelda stocking
17-11-2006, 10:12 PM
I am knitting a hooded aran jumper for my sons. Its out of felted tweed so it shrinks quite a bit, so I've made it big enough for my 6 year old and then after a few washes it will fit my 3 year old. I cant wait to finish it so I can start on a gorgeous Rowan knit for me.:)

mollymandy
19-11-2006, 07:16 PM
How loveliy there r some knitters out there i been knitting for years but like you stopped then pick the needles up again .My auntie and i ran a little wool shop together many years ago we knitted for england,we used to sell our afterwards we sold the lot.keep up the good work.http://www.agoodyarn.net/Images/KnittingImages/SmallKnittingSoldierPic.jpg

manwanis
20-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Nice Try...

"I am knitting a hooded aran jumper for my sons. Its out of felted tweed so it shrinks quite a bit, so I've made it big enough for my 6 year old and then after a few washes it will fit my 3 year old. I cant wait to finish it so I can start on a gorgeous Rowan knit for me."

Peter
20-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Nice Try...

"I am knitting a hooded aran jumper for my sons. Its out of felted tweed so it shrinks quite a bit, so I've made it big enough for my 6 year old and then after a few washes it will fit my 3 year old. I cant wait to finish it so I can start on a gorgeous Rowan knit for me."

I'm getting confused here - what on earth is your point?:confused:

mollymandy
20-12-2006, 03:33 PM
just buy some felted wool knit yourself a jumper wash it then your dog can wear it in the winter.

http://www.gollygear.com/gallerypics/sasha1.jpg

Peter
20-12-2006, 03:54 PM
It's turned your St Bernard into a Yorkie! :D

truly
16-10-2007, 06:27 PM
i love knitting to .i knit cakes!! and tea cosys to