PDA

View Full Version : Fabric Applique Cards

23BeechHill
27-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I want to make some greeting cards using my fabric scraps and need a bit of advice before I venture on.

Do I sew my designs onto a separate piece of card and then glue it to the actual greeting card ? I can't see any other way around hiding all the loose thread ends on the back ...

Or am I being dim here :confused:

nettie
27-08-2008, 02:39 PM
When I've used fabric squares I glued them onto a separate piece of card using bookbinding glue and then used double sided tape on the back of that piece of card to then stick it to the greeting card. I found that if I used the same glue instead of the tape, the inside of the greeting card tended to wrinkle. If you do a Search (above) you should find some replies from other threads as I asked a similar question a little while back.

saraeden
27-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I mount mine on to paper , i use a tiny amount of fabric glue for this and then i mount it on to a piece of card using pritt glue !!

Some times i machine stitch a border around this as a feature on the actual card i just finish the ends well and use a tiny amount of fabric glue to secure !!
I hope this helps !!!!

23BeechHill
27-08-2008, 05:28 PM
That's great ! Thanks so much :)

mummycupcake
27-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Ive been thinking of doing some cards with fabric too. If your stitching onto the card you could use a tri-fold card to hide the stitches. I think it's a case of playing around to see what works for different designs.