PDA

View Full Version : Should I be happy or annoyed?

mymiyel
18-08-2008, 06:26 PM
This is probably the wrong place to put this thread.

Anyhoo, I just sold a pair of earrings on Etsy. I was ecstatic since it's my second sale in about 8 months! But then I noticed that I had charged $14 instead of 14 so I basically sold it at half price. Totally my fault - I was probably tired and not paying attention.

So at 7 it only just covers my costs and labour time. Grrrr.

I'm happy that I've sold something but I'm also kicking myself at how careless I was. I wonder if she would have bought it if it were full price....

Raffles Bizarre
18-08-2008, 06:32 PM
ooh that is annoying..but at least you made a sale and she might be back ;) and spread the word.

Roseberry Crafts
18-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh poor you! Congrats on the sale though.
I've done exactly the same thing and it's very frustrating. I'm extra careful now when listing. I tend to write it all down in the right currencies before I go anywhere near the computer! When you're listing on three different sites in three different currencies it can get a bit confusing!

For Sale
18-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Its a sale woohoo :mf: and your name is out there again, I would just take the action of the sale and be chuffed, I wouldn't kick yourself to much, its good that you broke even too:).

Well done for selling.:)

auntynet
18-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Congratulations on your sale.

:mf: :mf: :mf: :mf: :mf: :mf:

I agree with the others - a sale is a sale and as long as you didn't lose on it then just chalk it down to experience but make sure you don't make the same mistake again. We've all done this at sometime I'm sure. :but:

Chris W
18-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Don't have too many regrets, you never know she may reorder or tell her friends, its all about sewing seeds.

Bowed Over
18-08-2008, 09:15 PM
We've all done something similar and are kicking ourselves afterwards - but you have sold and word of mouth is definetly the best form of advertising.

Cheers.

Lisa

:D

mymiyel
18-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for your advice and congrats guys. You've made me feel loads better!!!

I'm going crazy checking all my prices on Etsy and Dawanda now!

Aviya Glass
18-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Be Happy!

Education is expensive but on this 'lesson' you broke even, are able to avoid any other errors you may have made and helped everyone here by drawing attention to this easily done slip too!

Terry xx

PeggyCrafts
18-08-2008, 09:54 PM
ahh, that is a bit annoying, but the most important thing is that the customer saw something which you designed and made and loved it enough to put her card details in, wait for the post etc. You should be pleased with yourself, and you will know for next time about the /$ issue!

Helen x