PDA

View Full Version : Anodized Aluminum?

The 8th Gem
12-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Anyone used it?...... what thickness do ppl use in jewellery so it doesn't bend and can it be cut with scissors or die cuts?
Suppliers too?
Have used recycled aluminum cans but a bit thin for what l was thinking of
Suz

shiner
03-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I dont have a set supplier. I bought my last lot of ali from ebay they had thicknesses from 0.3mm up to industrial thickness. and dont rule out drinks cans the base of the can is a lot thicker than the sides and has a lovely dome which can be put to good use. a recent batch of ali I had was someone was throwing out an old caravan almost ran out of places to store it all flat

almost forgot the first question, the thickness depends on what you are making and is the ali hardened the larger the object the thicker it needs to be for something about the size of a 50p of rolled 2mm should be ok

craftyfoxni
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
i get to play with this stuff all day long :D only i have to make it into planes ..... check out the yellow pages and you should find suppliers in there and they are usually happy to do small cash sales ......... if you don't have any joy pm me and i can get you info on a local supplier to me

The 8th Gem
06-09-2008, 06:56 AM
oh thanx...tried the can thing but wondered where the red stuff was coming from!!...cut myself and l dont know how so put me off using it a bit
Suz