PDA

View Full Version : Pre-scored Cards vs Scoring Your Own

MissyMe
09-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Does anyone just buy the card and score their own? Obviously this is a cheaper way of feeding your hobby but does it give the same results for you?

I'm wondering what way to go or try

:)

Pagan
09-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi Missy, I score my own cards. I prefer buying card in bulk and sizing and scoring my own - that way I can make the card any size (or shape) I want. It's also cheaper lol

MissyMe
09-08-2008, 10:10 AM
:D

Does it take some getting use to *blush* or is it simple and give myself a shake? lol

What do you use to pre-score? I have a paper cutter that has an extra slider for scoring but it was pretty cheap so might be worth investing in somehing better...maybe!

Pagan
09-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I have a bone paper folder like this http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/Pagan050806/12964-group2ww-m.jpg to make the crease. Depending on the size of card, I either just fold the card over and crease with the paper folder, or make a guide with the edge of the paper folder and a metal ruler. You don't need anything expensive (I think the folders cost me 2-odd

MissyMe
09-08-2008, 10:23 AM
:D Thanks

I'll have a look around

Love your cards - I had a quick peek at your website :) I could never do so much detail I'm really impatient & terrible with fussy things lol

Pagan
09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
awww thank you http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/Pagan050806/smilies/033102thanx_1_prv1.gif, glad you like them. You'll be surprised at what you'll come up with after a while, it gets addictive lol

MissyMe
09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
My American friend is really in to her card making like yours - she just bought some machine called cricut to make her own little bits ...put a machine like that infront of me I'd have a headache lol :pc:

Spirit_of_wales
09-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Missyme
I'm glad that you asked that question as I have always wondered about what was best as regards card. I have been givenplastic shoehorns (unwanted gifts from inside crackers) and was thinking if they could be used for the purpose of creasing too.
Txx:)

Pagan
09-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi Missyme
I'm glad that you asked that question as I have always wondered about what was best as regards card. I have been givenplastic shoehorns (unwanted gifts from inside crackers) and was thinking if they could be used for the purpose of creasing too.
Txx:)

I don't see why not - try it and see and let us know :D

Tip Top
09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
I use the rounded tool in the picture and it cost around 2 and I would not be without it!!

PS I've responded to your other thread re cello bag suppliers etc;)