PDA

View Full Version : embossing

scooter1
03-10-2005, 05:50 PM
hi all, can anyone advise me on whether you have to use a heat gun as a heat source for embossing? can i use a hairdryer on hot setting?

sam :)

Crafty Cards
03-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Hiya

No, a hairdryer would blow the powders where the heat gun just heats them up.

Have also heard about the light bulb and toaster thing but you would be there ages.

hth?

x
aly

jackieruth
17-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi

I tried embossing without much luck. I did not have a heat tool and burned my fingers over the gas ring trying to get it all hot enough without success.

A magazine said to try a hair dryer. It did not get it hot enough.

I have just found out that if you know anyone with a Webb Ivory Catalogue (people tend to sell stuff through them for good causes such a girl guides, etc,) they are offering a heat tool for 10.

Hope this is of use.

Good luck
jackieruth

Seahorse
18-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Argos sell an embossing kit for 20.Heat gun, 1 clear ink pad and 2 ,metallic embossing powders all for 20!!

Craft Cellar
06-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi,

Well I use a hot air gun i.e those used for paint stripping. You just have to be careful not to keep it in one place or the lot can go brown and be careful where you aim it!!
Works great though:)

fiona/marple
24-04-2006, 03:33 PM
I used to hold over a light bulb which worked quite well but remember not to look at the bulb too long. The heat gun works much faster and is nicer to use but worth trying the light bulb to see if you enjoy it I am sure you will

Fiona

Nattelie
17-07-2006, 10:05 PM
You can get a heat gun from Biyes for about 15.

Bex1403
02-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi
I imagine you probably cant use a hairdryer as it would blow away the powder, heat guns simply apply heat over the powder and not hot air like a hair dryer would.

You'd be cleaning up powder for days!

Bex