PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone started on their Christmas Cards?

e-s-cards
04-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else had started their christmas cards yet?

I haven't done them before (started in April), and could do with some inspiration and tips on what's in this year, etc.

Thanks,

Ethan :)

Pagan
04-08-2008, 09:28 PM
i just picked up a do-crafts goody bag and it was chock a block full of christmas goodies. maybe one of those would inspire you

crafty sara
04-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Yes Ive started should have really started sooner if im honest.

Im cutting-cutting-cutting decoupage at the moment fed up with seeing farther christmas candels, holly and snow men etc .... !!! lol

But has to be done as got 10 days worth of selling at various christmas craft fairs im doing. I must be mad as well as working full time and keep our home running.

You think I would learn and allways say I wont take on as many dates next year but I allways do :mf:

Sara x

Ifor-Jones
04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Always start some of my designs at Christmas, easier to think Christmassy then!! Then they get left until early summer. Just about got my selection together for this year now.

Snow angel
04-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I already have about 50 done will be making some more this week

Valmade
05-08-2008, 03:02 AM
Just started listing Christmas cards yesterday. Only two up so far, long way to go :)

flurogoddess
05-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm thinking about them, I have a couple of ideas that I might make before my craft fair at the August bank holiday. I've also got a couple of Christmas dates so I'd better get some Christmassy stuff done for them!

bynicki
05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't make cards but I started making my christmas decorations and things back in April. Its hard work trying to feel christmassy when its 20degrees outside, but it has to be done!. :)

Ifor-Jones
05-08-2008, 04:34 PM
The weather here today feels more like November - perfect for Christmas thinking!!

woodtattoos
05-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Don't mention Christmas... people will start putting decorations up!!! ;)

Si.

Fluffy Squirrel
05-08-2008, 06:14 PM
So far I have made about 50 or so 'normal' Christmas cards but have yet to start my Christmas bookatrix. Between hubby's family, my family, work colleagues and friends/neighbours we need almost 200 cards for ourselves and we have a few Christmas events booked so I need to get moving lol.

crafty_clare
05-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't make Christmas cards but teach cardmaking classes so have to start designing them now, in August!!!

craftdancer
05-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Never stopped. I collect used Christmas cards and recycle what bits I can to make cards, tags, boxes and anything else I can think off. The remainder go into the recycling boxes at the supermarkets just after Christmas.

Have quite a lot done already, but I need to get moving to get the rest of the stuff used up before the next lot of used cards comes in!

Linda

nettie
05-08-2008, 08:32 PM
The weather's pretty crud here too, raining and cold, brrrrrrrrrrr... Fluffy, I've just bought a Bookatrix board and can't wait to have a go. Still going through the boxes and found some old fashioned Mamelock Christmassy images...I reckon another day or so and I'll be ready to go...Noel, Noel, Noooooo...it's only August!!!

Christine 1
05-08-2008, 08:53 PM
I know what you mean about inspirations needed. I have been off sick for the past 2 week's due to having bronchitis :( and thought pass the time away when i was feeling a bit better do some cards.

I have done all of about .............5 just can't get any ideas in my head at all. I did start on 2 only y'day but they didn't turn out that great & went straight into the bin, i think my mind was on other things (like going back to work tomorrow).

I do want to get a batch done a week as not only do i have mine to do by a relative of mine asked for me to do her's again this year - she asked me last year - so i know i have a big job on my hand.

Catch you later

Christine

Fluffy Squirrel
05-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Fluffy, I've just bought a Bookatrix board and can't wait to have a go.

Have fun!! When I first got my bookatrix board I found it really tricky but it's great once you get the hang of it and I'm sure you'll love it!! Can't wait to see some of your bookatrix creations :)

auntynet
05-08-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't do cards but I've already started on the xmas sparkly earrings. My problem is hiding them from my OH cos if he finds anything I've put into the stock-box he puts them on display straight away. Then it's another job for me to go round the stall taking them all back off and re-arranging the displays.

Don't mention Christmas... people will start putting decorations up!!! ;)

Si.

Si, you have soooooo much in common with my hubby - he hates christmas and I just love it to the point that our house is lit up with tons of outside lights every year. His favourite sayings are "Bah humbug" and "Christmas my a***!"

PS Welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your hols.

sillyoldbear
06-08-2008, 08:30 AM
I don't make cards but started a few Christmas projects a couple of weeks ago! I put Perry Como's Christmas CD on for inspiration. Although, by the end of the CD I had also made some Halloween decorations!!!????!!! Don't know how that happened!! Hee Hee!

woodtattoos
06-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Si, you have soooooo much in common with my hubby - he hates christmas and I just love it to the point that our house is lit up with tons of outside lights every year. His favourite sayings are "Bah humbug" and "Christmas my a***!"

Thanks for the welcome message, that was nice! I actually do love Christmas and the whole decoration lark... what gets to me is the shops selling Christmas stock in October and the like, or people getting all Christmassy before December. Having said that, I would start selling Christmas stock from October onwards now as a crafter.... ooops. ;)

Si.

indri
06-08-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't make Christmas cards, sometimes I make the odd decoration, but I am getting all organised (presents are getting bought!!). :D People complain I'm too orgnaised, but I just like to spread the cost!

sunrise
07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
my husband was getting just ever so slightly carried away making wedding cards so I encouraged him to maybe think about christmas
came downstairs to get some housework done and when I went up about an hour later there were christmas cards everywhere !! so yes we have started ours lol

rixyswrappers
07-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I don't do cards but I've already started on the xmas sparkly earrings. My problem is hiding them from my OH cos if he finds anything I've put into the stock-box he puts them on display straight away. Then it's another job for me to go round the stall taking them all back off and re-arranging the displays.

Hmmmm now you've got me thinking about Bah Humbug and Christmas my **** chocolates. Thanks for the ideas

Maria
rixyswrappers.wahm.co.uk