PDA

View Full Version : Some cards with balsa

Hannah
28-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Being brave and showing you all lol

A couple of cards I have made using balsa wood and then painting it. They are very simple - I like simple but does anyone think they are TOO simple?

Excuse rubbish pictures

http://flickr.com/photos/28344201@N05/2711086623/
There is a heart in the middle which is white - just incase you dont notice it.

http://flickr.com/photos/28344201@N05/2711903146/in/photostream/

xHannah

nettie
28-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi there, I love the simplicity. The only thing I would say is to maybe go around the edge of the card with a decorative scissors and maybe a simple white insert would add to the card without taking anything away from your designs. Or if not the decorative edging, some can be too 'fussy', how about a corner punch? Your cards are simple but in a good way, the balsa designs ARE the card...:)

Fluffy Squirrel
28-07-2008, 11:24 PM
What a great idea... very original.

I love the heart one... it looks lovely, very simple but effective :)

I also like the one with the little houses but feel that perhaps some wording or something would just finish it off? Just my opinion though.

But I think they're a fabulous design... well done!!

Laura x

Hannah
28-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks guys

Laura - I agree, I think that one needs something extra. It is meant to be beach huts and I wasnt pleased with it but it is what my mum asked for. I also think it needed wording or something else.

xxHannah

Pagan
29-07-2008, 06:18 AM
I really like these (likes simple too). One thing you might try is a dry emboss around the hearts - a rectangle or a square - to really make the heart pop. Apart from that, I agree, a simple plain white insert and those cards would look really special. Well done.

Hannah
29-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I really like these (likes simple too). One thing you might try is a dry emboss around the hearts - a rectangle or a square - to really make the heart pop. Apart from that, I agree, a simple plain white insert and those cards would look really special. Well done.

Great idea Pagan, thanks! xx

indri
29-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Simple is good. Sometimes cards are too fussy. Yours are nice :)

e-s-cards
29-07-2008, 10:52 PM
lovely cards - i think you should have a peel-off or some form of greeting on it though.

they would make lovely birthday cards for young girls!