PDA

View Full Version : Showcasing on Etsy?

Roseberry Crafts
23-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Could any of you fellow Etsians out there tell me if it's worth paying for a showcase slot? I have done it a couple of times before and it got me "hearted" a few more times but it didn't bring any sales.

Is it worth choosing a specific category slot eg, paper goods for my cards, or is only worth bothering with the Main Showcase? Personally I never look beyond the Main showcase, so if most people think like me then it's not worth doing a specific category, is it?

Whenever I do look at the specific category showcases (which is only when I'm considering one myself) a lot of them are empty.

Feedback anyone!?

lucykate crafts...
23-07-2008, 11:56 AM
best place for info on etsy showcases is in the forums on etsy itself. in there you can find out all kinds of stuff, ie what day of the week, time of day etc it is best to go for,

try here (http://www.etsy.com/forums_search.php?search_type=forum_title&search_query=showcase+slots)

AmyE
23-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I have to say I always look at the main showcase when I log on but i never look at any of the others! Id stick to the main one personally.

Valmade
24-07-2008, 08:22 AM
I haven't tried one, but I don't tend to look at them when I log in, and from what I've read on the forums over there, the majority of people have had little success with them.

Roseberry Crafts
27-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks for your responses. I did a "paper crafts" one yesterday for my new shop "The Elves and the Cardmaker" and it didn't even gain me any new admirers! :( Complete washout and a waist of $7.00. I think I'll give the Main one a go when I get back off my hols and if that doesn't bring any interest I'll not bother again!