PDA

View Full Version : Antique looking cone bead caps

yoguiana
17-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody can suggest me a website where I can buy antique looking cone bead caps?
I did look in quite some bead shops and ebay but nothing so far...

Thank you,
Ana

Pebbles
17-07-2008, 10:33 AM
try http://www.nostalgiaribbon.com/index.shtml

I have never ordered from them but they have some lovely antique looking components, I am too scared to order as I know I will spend far too much, I want just about everything on their site

Babushka
17-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Wow they have some great stuff on there! Thank for sharing Pebbles.

But like you, I'm worried I'll spend too much! Oh I'm having so many ideas now but I've banned myself to buy any more beads until I have used up what I've got :confused:

auntynet
17-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I asked a similar question a few days ago and got some good suggestions in reply

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14271

Pebbles
18-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Wow they have some great stuff on there! Thank for sharing Pebbles.

But like you, I'm worried I'll spend too much! Oh I'm having so many ideas now but I've banned myself to buy any more beads until I have used up what I've got :confused:

Yes, that is my pledge to myself too! I am NOT allowed to buy any more stuff until I have used up all the beads I have - I am allowed to buy findings, but ONLY if I run out!

I am also not allowed to buy ANY shoes, bags or clothes until October when I go to Hong Kong on holiday...... when in HK, I am allowed to buy a suitcase and fill it though........ it is going to be so hard!

I am going to need everyone's support! It's like Shoe/bead/jacket/bag/generalbuyingstuffaholics anonymous

Hello, my name is Lesley and I am just addicted to buying stuff!

yoguiana
18-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I asked a similar question a few days ago and got some good suggestions in reply

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14271

It seems I put my question in the wrong subject...
Thank you so much!

yoguiana
18-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Yes, that is my pledge to myself too! I am NOT allowed to buy any more stuff until I have used up all the beads I have - I am allowed to buy findings, but ONLY if I run out!

I am also not allowed to buy ANY shoes, bags or clothes until October when I go to Hong Kong on holiday...... when in HK, I am allowed to buy a suitcase and fill it though........ it is going to be so hard!

I am going to need everyone's support! It's like Shoe/bead/jacket/bag/generalbuyingstuffaholics anonymous

Hello, my name is Lesley and I am just addicted to buying stuff!

It seems like a common problem among crafting people... I also spent a huge amount this month plus my sister sent me lots of stones and I still need more wire, more beads, more yarn, more findings...
Just wish I could sell more to afford all that...

And thanks everybody for the tips! It seems I will have to buy on ebay as I can't see it anywhere else.
I really wanted to buy from an UK supplier but if can't be...

Have a great weekend!

*karen*
18-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi try Bijoux beads. I was in their shop the other day and they have a good range of antique look findings.

They do have a website but not sure what they have on their as they are local to me so don't tend to use it.

yoguiana
24-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi try Bijoux beads. I was in their shop the other day and they have a good range of antique look findings.

They do have a website but not sure what they have on their as they are local to me so don't tend to use it.

Hello,
Thank you so much for your tip but unfortunately they also do not have the caps I was looking for :(
But they do have some wonderful stuff! Too much temptation ;)