PDA

View Full Version : A few more cards

Fluffy Squirrel
12-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Here are a few more of my recent "special order" cards... opinions welcomed :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/LauraandGordon/Special%20Orders/BonVoyage.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/LauraandGordon/Special%20Orders/HappyBirthdayMum.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/LauraandGordon/Special%20Orders/HappyBirthdayBookatrix.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/LauraandGordon/Special%20Orders/InMemoryOfAlanHarper.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/LauraandGordon/Special%20Orders/InMemoryOfMum.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/LauraandGordon/Special%20Orders/WithSympathy.jpg

craftyjan
12-07-2008, 06:15 AM
very nice cards

Roseberry Crafts
12-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Oh my goodness, you must spend hours on those! They're lovely and they look very well made.:)

SusieQ
12-07-2008, 09:36 AM
They are so GORGEOUS!!!

I CAN'T GET OVER HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY ARE!!!!!!!

I WISH MY GORGEOUS MUM WAS STILL ALIVE. I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE BEAUTIFUL FAIRY ONE FOR HER. SHE WOULD HAVE FELT SO PROUD TO HAVE RECEIVED THAT. THE WORDING IN IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!

YOUR WORK IS SO PROFESSIONAL! EXCELLENT!!! SUE XXX

crafty sara
12-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Good ideas and like your style.

Ive had a book of tricks I bought 12 months ago still not made any with it - how bad is that!!!

You given me the motivation to maybe have a go with it

Sara x

Hannah
12-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow they look like they must have taken you a while !

xxHannah

Fluffy Squirrel
12-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Thank you for all of your wonderful comments... it is lovely to receive positive feedback from fellow crafters, as I value honest opinions on my work.

Bookatrix cards can take me quite a while to do by the time I score and cut out each layer, apply the edgings, decoupage the image and find the appropriate verse, etc... but it's all worthwhile as I love the finished bookatrix product - in my opinion there's just something special about them compared with 'normal' greetings cards.

A lot of my bookatrix cards are made to order although I try to hold a stock of some 'ready to take away' bookatrix's... the In Memory Of cards are proving very popular at the moment as they are a lasting memory of a loved one and can be so personalised to exactly what the client would like, often including a personal reading or a poem written by the client themselves.

Sorry to ramble on... must try to stop doing that!!

Thank you again fo your great feedback!!

Poppy4lee
15-07-2008, 07:52 AM
They are really beautiful cards :)

Pagan
15-07-2008, 08:21 AM
They are beautiful - I especially like the Indian girl and Wolf

LadyLora
15-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Beautiful- especially the fairy ones :first:

woodtattoos
15-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Very nice work indeed, they look as if a lot of work goes into them...

Si.

Fluffy Squirrel
15-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments - they are very uplifting :D

Scorch
15-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Very, very nice work...

sazzle
20-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I've personally been a bit unsure of the bookatrix cards but I have to say these are very impressive! I especially love the fairy card, and the wording compliments it beautifully, if I gave that to my mum she'd be over the moon!
I think using them as a memorial is a beautiful idea. How clever you are!! x

Critchley
20-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I keep thinking I'd love to have a go but the quality of all your cards scares me off. They are beautiful. You must have a 'Good Eye'.

Focus on Life
20-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I like watching the Bookatrix demos on TV and these are really lovely examples of just what you can achieve with them, you can really see the work and care and love thats gone into them, well done :)

My taste's quite simple so my fave is the True Gentleman one, I'm always impressed when anyone gets in-memorium or sympathy cards just right cos so many people struggle with those

Lovely!
Shaz x

Fluffy Squirrel
20-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, you have no idea how much your compliments mean to me.

As for being scared of trying bookatrix, I'd say if you like the look of it then just give it a go... believe me, I've had my fair share of disastrous attempts along the way but it's all worth it when you finish something which you can see the customer or recipient are truly touched by.

Sympathy and memorial cards are the most difficult to do as I often spend hours and hours contemplating what's right or wrong for the person they are relating to... it's such a difficult time that I think it helps to be able to match the card to the loved ones' tastes, hobbies and personality which is what I try to reflect.

Thank you all once again xxx

crystalgirl
22-07-2008, 05:51 AM
Those are really lovely.

hzxcrafts
25-07-2008, 04:01 AM
very nice!

Fluffy Squirrel
26-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Thank you :D

nettie
30-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Gorgeous! I love watching The Glitter Girls but have not thought to make them up til now...after seeing your flipping gorgeous cards it makes me want to have a go. Do you make boxes for them?

Fluffy Squirrel
31-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Thank you for your compliments Nettie.

I always supply boxes with my bookatrix cards as not only do I thnk the presentation looks better but it also offers some protection and saves them getting bashed about.

I don't actually make my boxes, I buy them pre-cut and supplied flat pack from Ebay... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-WHITE-BOXES-FOR-KEEPSAKE-BOOKATRIX-CARDS-ONLY-4_W0QQitemZ140253053124QQihZ004QQcategoryZ122661QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

When I first started looking at trying bookatrix I didn't want to buy the board, etc and then discover that I hated it, so luckily I found a seller on Ebay who was selling the precut bookatrix pages so I bought a few of those from her and within a few weeks I'd bought the board and have been doing my own since then.

If you want to try it, then I'd definitely say go for it - if you don't try then you'll never know. Good luck :D

nettie
22-08-2008, 12:44 AM
I splashed out a bit and have now managed to get the bookatrix, open hearts and tall stores and the oriental one with the kimono on it...I've had a few go's and can't wait to put one together now. Yours were very inspiring, thank you.

sunshine
22-08-2008, 09:42 PM
You must spend hours on those;), they are aboslutely beautiful and looks very profesional!!!:mf::mf:

kim
23-08-2008, 09:13 PM
hi, love all your cards, the look very elegant and professional xx

Fluffy Squirrel
26-08-2008, 04:26 AM
Thank you for your lovely comments... they are very inspiring. I can indeed spend hours at a time making up my bookatrix cards - often I sit down to make one card for an order in the afternoon and am still sat here crafting away in the early hours of the morning. I seem to work better at night.

Nettie, how are your bookatrix and tall stories cards coming along? Can't wait to see them.

Koolcrafts
26-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Beautiful cards Fluffy

silverst170
26-08-2008, 10:18 AM
All Beautiful well done

kaylacrafts
26-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Beautiful cards , you are so talented i like the indian/wolf one and the cross one is different .You have a true talent you can be proud of ;) :)

Bartex
25-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Some of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. And they have a very nice feature - they can be easily personalized.:nopity:

Fluffy Squirrel
26-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Thank you so much for the lovely feedback :)

perfectangel
27-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I can't see the cards here (I am at work so thats probably why!!) But i have looked at your website and your cards are truley stunning!!

Jo
x

Fluffy Squirrel
27-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I can't see the cards here (I am at work so thats probably why!!) But i have looked at your website and your cards are truley stunning!!

Jo
x

Thank you ever so much :D

sunrise
27-05-2009, 04:22 PM
they are really lovely
how long does it take you to make each one , they look as though a lot of work goes into them

Fluffy Squirrel
27-05-2009, 08:58 PM
they are really lovely
how long does it take you to make each one , they look as though a lot of work goes into them

It varies... it can be anything up to a couple of hours by the time I score each layer on the bookatrix board, cut them out and edge them with gold/silver peel off stickers then assemble the card itself. Then I've got to assemble the decoupage or card topper for each one and source then print, etc a suitable verse then finish off with some ribbon, assemble the presentation box, etc.

Moonbeam Angel
28-05-2009, 11:05 AM
They are really beautiful cards and such a wonderful keepsake! but then I am biased as I love all your cards!