PDA

View Full Version : Website about beads

kareno555
11-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi,

I am building a website about beads and wondered what is important to have on the site.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
Karen

BeadsbyLili
11-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Do you mean content....i.e. lots of different types of beads and pics/info about how they are made..?

Chris W
11-07-2008, 10:36 PM
This sounds like an interesting idea. You could feature beads as they originate from different cultures. Bali style silver makes a good example compared to Thailand which is less earthy. India produces interesting glass beads and most gemstone beads seem to be made in China although they have been mined throughout the world. You could show all the varying shapes and sizes and how they can be incorporated into designs from traditional through to contempory. I am sure you will get lots of helpful suggestions from the bead addicts such as myself.

Kiamyka
11-07-2008, 11:04 PM
You could include the history of beads as they relate to different cultures - look at traditional beadwork as it applies to different cultures.. erm I'll have another think :)

Laura Lou
12-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Is the site just going to be factual or are you going to be selling beads too?
You could also incorporate beading techniques into your site.

glasgowmike
17-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I think photos are very important. Rings & Things (USA) produces a gemstone bead index with photos and information about beads and it has been a valuable resource. Check out: rings-things.com/gemstone