PDA

View Full Version : Online Shop

brenda's cards
25-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Hiya everyone,
I have recently created this acount for my grandma who is a little wary of using the internet. Recently she was talking to me about how she could not sell any of her lovely hand made cards (thats my opionion by the way.) Anyway, im trying to convince her that there is a larger market out there, and that she should try selling on the internet. It would be quite easy but i dont think she believes me as i am only 13. So i would like to know whether any of you have online shops and if you think it is a good idea.
I would apriciate it if you could take time to answer the poll question.
Thanks,
Ben

craftfairy
08-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Dear Ben,

Opening an online shop is not as easy as you might think. I have one,

www.craftfairy.co.uk

and I had to pay someone to design it for me. It cost me about 500 to have it designed and I also have to pay for web hosting to keep it online.

As well as this your grandmother will have to have an online shopping cart which she can do through paypal. They will charge her a percentage of her sales.

I could go on and on. If she is determined to open one then get in touch again and I will tell you more.

Yvonne

craftyfox
29-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Has anyone got an idea on how big the online handmade card market is? I.e. how many sales one can expect to make?
From what I've seen, there's a very large number of sellers on the web. On eBay (which is a little different from having one's own site), there is a huge number of cards for sale, yet very few seem to get sold.

Cheers, craftyfox.

Seahorse
29-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Is there a site that could host all handmade cards.
We could start our own communal selling site.

dianescraftysupplies
29-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Go the easy route - Ebay or Ebid - Ebid is a free auction site - list your items for free!!

Take a look easier and cheaper than a website!!!

brendarosecards
02-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I have set up a shop, allthough it may not be as conventionall as a proffesionall up to date one, i find that it does the job. If you want to take a look then please feel free.
http://get-me.to/brendarose

Im happy to take any critisism or improvements that i could make.
Thanks,
Ben