PDA

View Full Version : Leaflet idea

Seahorse
03-07-2008, 02:59 PM
On one of my drives around the local area I discovered a print shop that does leaflets and websites.
I was thinking has anybody else had there own business leaflets made up and distributed them?
Im sure it said 1000, A5 leaflets for 35.Good or not?

ladyluckjewellery
03-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi,

35 for 1000 sounds like a good deal :) - do you know who they are as I might see if they would do them by mail order, the printing firms around here are extortionate.

I haven't tried distributing leaflets for my jewellery, but I know the stats for door dropping are pretty poor (1% response rate is considered a success!!). It would be worth putting leaflets in local salons / shops / etc though, I would imagine there would be quite a bit of interest.

Claire

indri
03-07-2008, 04:18 PM
I haven't tried distributing leaflets for my jewellery, but I know the stats for door dropping are pretty poor (1% response rate is considered a success!!). It would be worth putting leaflets in local salons / shops / etc though, I would imagine there would be quite a bit of interest.

Claire

That sounds like I'm in the 99% of people who don't even look at a leaflet that comes through the door - they end up in the recycling! If I was out shopping and a leaflet/business card/poster caught my eye for something that I could get as a pressie then I am more likely to look at it, so the putting them in shops idea might work. Our library also has a wide range of leaflets on anything and everything (better than the tourist information centre!).

HTH

Seahorse
03-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Ive pm'd you ladyluck

Fair Do
03-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi,

Couple of thoughts if you don't mind ...

Although 35 for 1,000 leaflets sounds reasonable, bear in mind that that will be their 'tempter' offer. You will probably end up paying more, even if just for the VAT. Is this price for black and white? How much more are the colour ones? Would B&W show off your products in their best light?

The other thing is ...it may take you quite a while to dish out 1,000 leaflets! Can you get less for cheaper?

The idea of using them as mini posters in shops (and supermarket notice boards etc) is a good one.

If you do get them done ...and don't get me wrong, I can see the attraction ...you can use them as 'calling cards' giving them out whereever and whenever you can ...so make sure they include all your contact details, website etc.

Anyway, best of luck with it.

Regards.
Fair Do

jode
04-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Nice info Fair Do

Jode x

Seahorse
04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
They would be on white paper with one colour ink.Proper colour would be better.
I see your points.
Thanks for the advice.

Im gona help a pal do a craft fair this sunday(her jewellery is different to mine)so il wear my bestest necklace and have some of my cards on me.You never know I may get some comments.

Creativekev
04-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm going to knock some up on my PC, black print on brightly coloured paper.
They'll tell the punters,
who I am
What I do
Where I am
Contact details.
I can print a few for a trial run.
I'll let you know if I get a result.
Kev.

Seahorse
04-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Great Thanks.

Can you believe they havnt replied to my email yet!Do they want customers or what!

beadsbydesign
04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I produce my own leaflet (tri fold) using office publisher. I can constantly update them and print off the number I want. I insert up to date pictures of my tiaras and jewellery.
I now always carry some around with me and I feel it says a little more about me than a simple business card.

I've had an awful lot of work through them and the comment i keep getting is that people have been able to see the style and quality of my work. They look good so people are more likely to keep them.

The type of leaflets you are likely to get at the cost you are talking about are going to be the sort of flier that gets stuffed through the letter box on cheep paper. That is probably not an image you want linked to your quality product.

Seahorse
05-07-2008, 12:57 PM
I got a reply, its gone up to 200, but I get the impression its full colour picks, not just 1 colour.Think il give it a miss but good to have in the back of my mind.

Creativekev
05-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi,
On Friday I spent a spare 25 mins putting some simple flyers through local letter boxes, They just said who I am what I do, web address and email. I just got an enquiry about would I be interested in making two mirrors to their own designs. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Kev.

woodtattoos
05-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi,
On Friday I spent a spare 25 mins putting some simple flyers through local letter boxes, They just said who I am what I do, web address and email. I just got an enquiry about would I be interested in making two mirrors to their own designs. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Kev.

Excellent news, well done!

Si.