PDA

View Full Version : Bath fizzy, fairy dust, bath dust help please

The Soap Fairy
02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi
Does anyone make bath fizzy, fairy dust, bath dust (whatever you like to call it). I tried some today and it went totally hard when I put it in the jars. I used the bath bomb recipe (sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, colour, fragrance) and it was light and fluffy - put into jars - went and picked boys up from school and so excited to show them what I had made and then disaster it had turned into a solid lump - any suggestions - could it be that I had put a bit too much fragrance or colour in or should I add something else to the recipe.

Idea of the bath dust is for you to sprinkle into the bath which then gives the effect of a bath bomb but it isn't a solid lump.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Comforts & Candles
03-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Make really rough bath bombs out of it first then bag n' crush...:D

In effect it's probably turned into an overgrown bath bomb in the container and you'll need to crush it back down - never stays as a loose powder for me straight from being made up...

I just use a large zip lock - squidge the excess air out - wrap a tea towel around it and then vent some frustrations via a rolling pin... :D

Once it's really well crushed you can push it through a sieve and shove in a container - needs to be a fairly good seal or it'll start to fizz and mushroom if it gets damp...

HTH x

purplesparkle
03-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Make really rough bath bombs out of it first then bag n' crush...:D

In effect it's probably turned into an overgrown bath bomb in the container and you'll need to crush it back down - never stays as a loose powder for me straight from being made up...

I just use a large zip lock - squidge the excess air out - wrap a tea towel around it and then vent some frustrations via a rolling pin... :D

Once it's really well crushed you can push it through a sieve and shove in a container - needs to be a fairly good seal or it'll start to fizz and mushroom if it gets damp...

HTH x

That sounds fun!! I might make some just so I can bash it up with a rolling pin! :D

Comforts & Candles
03-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Imagine wicked cackling and vengeful bashing of bath bomb mis shapes...

It should be a recognised therapy in my book! :D

The Soap Fairy
03-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Cheers will try again

just_mai
13-07-2008, 08:42 AM
if you add any liquid to the bath dust mixture it's going to go hard, I do as Ann-Marie does make the dust, let it set and then crush it usually with a rolling pin,