PDA

View Full Version : Online Cards

anoop
30-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi
There are lots of free online card shops are in the internet. Even though the sites with paid cards are getting lots of customers and visitors to the sites. Do you ever think what is the reason for this? If yes please discuss here

Tip Top
30-06-2008, 01:43 PM
This is a Crafts Forum with the emphasis on Crafts. Which means physically making them not computer generating greetings.

So, if you want to remain a member go and read the rules.

nutty tigger
30-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Go tell em topper!!!...lol...I am sick of my mother telling me that my handmade cards wont sell as she can buy a 'handmade' card at her local shop for 39p..!!!
When will people realize the difference between handmade and computer generated mass produced ****?

thankfully by choosing a good sales point I can sell them and know that I will do well, but still bugs me...if you have seen the above site...then they are NOT free!!! and to be fair although some nice stuff...THEY ARE NOT CRAFT!!! lol

chaz
30-06-2008, 02:39 PM
i agree with that too us crafters spend loads a time making things that we are proud of so we dont like to be insulted with printed rubbish lol

craftyjan
30-06-2008, 03:11 PM
my darling hubby said wont it be cheaper to buy a card than buy all this stuff i reply to that with my cards are individual and have more thought and care put into them so thats how i think about anything that is hand crafted.

mrs*h
03-07-2008, 10:45 AM
my darling hubby said wont it be cheaper to buy a card than buy all this stuff i reply to that with my cards are individual and have more thought and care put into them so thats how i think about anything that is hand crafted.

i get that from my hubby aswell!!!
and my answer to him is roughly the same as that to me it is nice to know someone has bothered and made the effort to spend time making you a card rather than just going into clintons and spending probably spend on a handcrafted card just for them to throw in the bin afterwards,,where as i think handcrafted one ppl appreciate more and tend to keep them my mum has framed the one i made her for her birthday and put it in her bedroom as she thinks it was pretty!
bless her!!!!
it really annoys me when ppl print pics of pc and stick them on to card and say it all handmade!
yes sometimes using print off pc is ok and looks nice but you have to combine it with other stuff (well i think you do) anyway im gonna shut up now as ur all probably falling asleep by now!!!!!!:confused: