PDA

View Full Version : Fiskars thingy!!!

SusieQ
28-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I could do with something to punch basic shapes out of card. Has anyone got the Fiskars thingy? If so, is it any good? I haven't a clue what I need!:confused:Don't want one of those expensive 'do everything' ones (not yet anyway). The Fiskars one is about 15 and I presume you have to buy the templates separately? Opinions would be greatfully appreciated! Sue xx:D:D

Tip Top
28-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I've not got one, but from what I understand, you get the machine thing (seethrough orangeish) and then you get the templates seperate. If you go on ebay there are some being sold quite cheaply if you are wanting to bid.

And from what I've read, you can then cut ovals, hearts etc out from the centre of cards and are not restricted as to where on a card the cut is made.

I'm thinking of getting one.......:D

craftyjan
28-06-2008, 03:50 PM
i got the templates without the other thing and hold them in place with low tack tape you have to buy the cutting tool although i do sometimes draw it then cut it out with a craft knife.

Pagan
28-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I bought a Fiskar's border cutter (can also cut ovals and circles) but I don't use it much - it's hard work!!!!

jan1956
30-06-2008, 01:05 AM
I got a fiskars shapeboss cheap off ebay and also got 3 templates with it.. lots of templates cheap on there. Not used it yet though, i am new to cardmaking;)