PDA

View Full Version : Website..

bernysbeadingcrazy
26-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi

I'm new to this site so hope I am not breaking the rules by mentioning my webhosters etc.. but I bought a website in November 07 with a web builder included in the price, my excuse for not setting it up at the time was that my photo's were "crap" but i've since completed a digital camera course and I think my pic's are good enough for the site. My problem now is I just can't make head nor tail of how to go about setting my website up...

I bought the website from godaddy.com and it came with website tonight, has anyone else used this way of getting online? Any help and advice is much appreciatred.

Cheers

Berny

uksewing
04-03-2009, 01:12 PM
id look at changing host providers and setting up a oscommerce site then all the power is in your hands and its free.

gothsteve
10-05-2010, 01:49 PM
i used webs.com as it is nice and easy to set up and there are various templates, i also bought the domain name for my stuff.
Although I am looking at somepoint to get some hostingspace and use oscommerce as a few people have recomended that.
Good luck :)

Steve

rebecca
14-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi Berny,

I'm afraid I can't advise you on how to specifically use the Godaddy system, do they not provide some tutorials or guides which you can use?

I'd recommend planning out the website in a basic form on paper first, make a list of all the pages of your website and what information you are going to include on each page. Then you should be able to create each of the pages and this should give you a good idea of the structure of your site and the site should start to come together for you.

I assume they provide you with templates and you should be able to upload a logo etc to give the site the look and feel you want. If you're really struggling to get a grip with the system, you could think about moving to another provider you're not tied into them and should be able to point your domain name easily to another website builder or transferring complete control of the domain name to another registrar.

Hope this is helpful..

Rebecca

CreativeFabrics
15-05-2010, 10:43 AM
I would definitely agree with Rebecca on drawing up a plan of your website, but I would also do a list of things that you feel are very important for your website. There are alot of website builders out there, but picking one can be hard to do if you don't know what it is that you need.

If you aren't sure about installing and maintaining your own such as you would have to do with oscommerce, then a hosted sitebuilder might be the way to go so then you wouldn't have to worry about the technical side of things.