PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding getting hold of a pattern

Miaou
23-06-2008, 04:07 PM
I am wanting to knit the Slouchy Cardigan by Helene Roux. It is published in "Greetings from Knit Cafe", an American book. I've had a look in my library and done a search across all the libraries in my area, but nowhere has it. I could ask them to buy it, but it could take weeks/months and there is no guarantee they would!

My only other alternative would seem to be to buy the book, but at 15, when I only want the one pattern, it would make it too expensive once I have bought the yarn as well.

I don't want to diddle the designer out of royalties - after all, like us she has put hard work into the design - but I don't feel right just asking for a photocopy of the pattern from someone with the book (although I would be fine in terms of copyright laws).

Anyone else been in this situation? What did you do?

Poppy4lee
23-06-2008, 04:23 PM
There are some cheaper copies on Amazon uk(just under 8 + 2.75 postage) and on Amazon.com they started at 3.99 but I'm not sure how much the shipping is.

Miaou
23-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for looking poppylee, but that would still make it 10+ (and shipping from the States would make it even more pricey). I think I might have to look at knitting something else instead!:nopity: