PDA

View Full Version : What do you do.......when

sherrielinda
23-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi all cardmakers. I'm just checking my cards now before sealing them for my fair & would like to know "What you do with the envelopes that don't stick very well ". What my mum & I are doing is putting a bit of double sided tape up each side, it's a bit time consuming & will work out expensive, but what else can you do. Don't want to buy new envelopes at the moment as this is my first fair & must watch the pennies. Any advice will be welcome. cheers Linda.

craftyjan
23-06-2008, 04:37 PM
you can buy some stuff called lick and stick which you paint on its for making your own envelopes im not sure how much it costs

Tip Top
23-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I have the stick and lick stuff (I think thats what its called!) and its around 2 from www.lakeland.co.uk (http://www.lakeland.co.uk) - be warned, they have a sale on at the moment hehehe!!

I have a tube of the stuff as I've made my own envelopes in the past and once you get the hang of how to use it, you'll be slapping it on everything!!!:D

crafty sara
23-06-2008, 11:31 PM
I was told other week that lakelands are stopping doing craft stuff all together - lady in shop took me that they stopped in shops already and going stop on website too

SusieQ
24-06-2008, 09:13 AM
I was told other week that lakelands are stopping doing craft stuff all together - lady in shop took me that they stopped in shops already and going stop on website too
Yes I was in the Chester store and a lady there told me the same!!!! I had to go and have a coffee to get over it!:o I loved their stuff!!) Sue xx:mf:

SusieQ
24-06-2008, 09:15 AM
What about putting a couple of those little clear 'parcel stickers' in with each one. That wouldn't work out too expensive. Sue xx:D

SusieQ
24-06-2008, 09:15 AM
What about putting a couple of those little clear 'parcel stickers' in with each one. That wouldn't work out too expensive. Sue xx:D
Ithink Lakeland do those too!!

sherrielinda
24-06-2008, 03:52 PM
You fab people, A HUGE thanks to you all. After reading about the stick & lick stuff I went into town today & bought 2 bottles of it, so now hopefully I can get busy putting that on my not so sticky envelopes. You are soooooooooo clever getting me out of trouble. Thanks again. Linda.........
I love you all.:mf::mf::mf::mf::mf::mf::mf:

Tip Top
24-06-2008, 03:58 PM
That's what we are here for!!!:mf:

My mum told me about Lakeland stopping all the craft stuff - I dare not go on their website....... or dare I??!!! Sale.........hhmmmmmm!!!;)

craftyjan
24-06-2008, 05:27 PM
glad you managed to get some and we were all able to help thats what this forum is all about and long may it do so

Ifor-Jones
24-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I was devastated by Lakeland stopping crafts. Because I have a catalogue they wrote to tell me and I always have some of their butterfly stickers, so I thought I would order some as they were in the sale and stock up. Disaster, order returned as no stock!!!! What will I do for self adhesive coloured butterflies now. They were so useful.

Valmade
30-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Oh no, I really liked the lakeland craft stuff.

Does anyone know why they have decided to stop doing it?

Hannah
30-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Oh no! I didnt realise they were stopping the craft stuff :( Just went onto lakeland online to order some of that lick and stick stuff and they are sold out - found some on ebay though incase anyone else is after any

xxHannah