PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the soap tub???

Ger
20-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Has anyone else had problems with the above?? I placed an order with them on the 1st june and still haven't had my order through :( I have emailed and tried to call but with no luck, thankfully I have paid vis paypal so I'm hoping I can claim for goods not received but I've never done it before:o

The Soap Fairy
20-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Must admit they are not the best at responding to emails. I know when I was trying to get my certification it was a nightmare trying to get through to them.

I haven't ordered from them recently (although must admit I was going to order some soap base tonight) but the last time i did order it took quite a while to come through. I am sure if people are having a problem they will soon add a post.

If you want a different supplier you could try The Soap Kitchen - they are very good and reasonably quick delivery.

Hope you get your order soon

The Soap Fairy
xx

purplesparkle
20-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Hmm.. I was thinking of placing an order with them.. not sure if I will now!

Filing a claim with paypal isn't difficult, I've unfortunately had to do it twice recently! The first time the seller refunded me as soon as they heard of the dispute, the second time I had to wait the 20 days that they give the seller to respond, but no response so the money went back onto my card. I was quite impressed really! (both were orders not received and sellers weren't replying to my emails)

Ger
20-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanx for responding guys, I ended up going though paypal as I tried to call all day but no one answered!!!
I started the dispute with paypal and a couple of hours later they refunded me, I wasn't looking for mega fast delivery but I ordered on the 1st of this month and my last order with them didn't take this long :(

~Laura~
27-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Ive been trying to get in touch with them for a couple of weeks, but had no luck with emails or calling them. Maybe they've gone bust too :nopity:

purplesparkle
27-06-2008, 10:51 PM
I hope not Laura, not good news if suppliers keep going bust! :(

Ger
28-06-2008, 07:29 PM
No it's not good but I wish they wouldn't ignore their customers!!!!! I did get an email from them the other day offering free postage so they are still active >:(

~Laura~
02-07-2008, 12:13 AM
i hope not either, although i dont buy from them. I dont understand why companies ignore customers though.

Anyway i hope you get your order sorted. I'll try giving them another ring, or email about my query

cherrypink
16-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi I just thought I'd comment here - I used Soaptub about a year ago and once again, communication was poor. I booked myself onto a course for over 100 and it was cancelled. I waited 2 weeks for a refund and sent numerous emails which were not responded to. Obviously I couldn't lost 100 odd pounds so it was only when I threatened them with legal action did they process the refund...not a good sign. This is only me personal experience but there's no way I would shop with them again.

Kara1
24-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi There - I placed an order with this company just beofre Christmas last year. Some of the items were not received and they didn't bother to get in touch to tell when I would get them. I actually just let it go in the end and never got the soap loaf mould I ordered. I placed a further order to get free shipping on 9th July and still no sign. Tried ringing constantly but no-one answers the phone. My sister (whose address was given for delivery) will be away on holiday for 1 week from 26th July so obvisouly did not want the order arriving during that time. E-mailed on Monday morning and again no response, eventually got an e-mail yesterday to say someone would ring me - no-one did. Have again spent this morning trying to call them. Got so frustrated have just sent them an e-mail saying that if no response today will get in touch with my credit card provider to get a charge back. This company has no regard for its customers and I would not be surprised if it does go bust as you can't treat customers like this.

V Pd off Soaper!! :confused:

lily-anne
26-07-2008, 10:39 PM
I just got an e-mail from them claiming that recent delays are due to them changing their telephones and IT, and moving premises. They've given a temporary e-mail address: daniel.janes30@ntlworld.com

I haven't placed an order with them for a while so not sure if it will work, but might be worth a try...

Crafty LJB
05-08-2008, 07:54 PM
I have been waiting for a couple of weeks for my delivery, and after seeing how long some of you have waited, i hope i don't join you! Are there any other suppliers that you would recomend for soap making??:confused:

The Soap Fairy
05-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi
I now use www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk (http://www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk) for my bases and some fragrances and www.justasoap.co.uk (http://www.justasoap.co.uk) for fragrances. Both are very good and no problems. Found in the past there is no point emailing the soap tub as they ignore that as well.

Hope these are helpful for you.

~Laura~
06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I use them too, although i get my soap base from ebay as its cheaper. I've never had any problems with either company. I use the soap kitchen regulary as i buy fragrance oils in bulk

Green aura
18-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi
Just saw this thread.
I am currently waiting on a 230 order from them (ordered 3 weeks ago). I suppose I'm going to have to go to paypal for a refund.
Has anyone received an order from them in the last week or two?
Maggie

Daniel Janes
20-08-2008, 02:28 AM
I would the first to acknowledge that there have been problems during our move and I think this thread is a good example of the sort of feedback that challenges a company when things go wrong.

At this time I can be contacted on daniel.janes10@ntlworld.com if there are any problems while our network is being relocated to our new address.

In an average year we proccess several thousend orders - and most of the time things go well -although I appreciate that this has not been the experience of those who have posted on this thread. It is though perhaps in the nature of things that threads like this tend to report our mistakes, and only very rarely our successes.

I am more than happy to apologise to those who have experienced problems, and if anyone wishes to contact me via the email above, I will be happy to discuss/investigate any concerns.

Daniel Janes
Owner of The Soap Tub.

Annette McCann
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi there

I've been using the Soap Tub for seven years now, but I reckon they've recently gone bust.

They cashed my most recent payment on 30th July, it is now 1st September and I have never received my goods.

I have emailed them several times, and I now note they have stopped answering their phone.

Did you ever get your stuff?

FairyAlchemy
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Is that a new website just been done recently? I had it in my history cache and had not refreshed so dont know if it is new but there was no ad stuff at the top before which you get with a free service...?:confused:

Annette McCann
01-09-2008, 05:51 PM
I would the first to acknowledge that there have been problems during our move and I think this thread is a good example of the sort of feedback that challenges a company when things go wrong.

At this time I can be contacted on daniel.janes10@ntlworld.com if there are any problems while our network is being relocated to our new address.

In an average year we proccess several thousend orders - and most of the time things go well -although I appreciate that this has not been the experience of those who have posted on this thread. It is though perhaps in the nature of things that threads like this tend to report our mistakes, and only very rarely our successes.

I am more than happy to apologise to those who have experienced problems, and if anyone wishes to contact me via the email above, I will be happy to discuss/investigate any concerns.

Daniel Janes
Owner of The Soap Tub.

Reply....

Well, I've tried contacting you at that very email address three times now Daniel!!

Can you explain please?

I have also tried phoning you, and I note you no longer answer any of your telephone numbers, including your so-called "Customer Helpline"!!

When I finally get my goods, the payment for which you cashed more than a month ago, I shall print an apology. However, at the moment, I am trying to recover my money.

I have been using the Soap Tub for seven years now. What a shame it has had to come to this.

Peter
01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I just got this after doing a search................
daniel.janes10@ntlworld.com is
a valid deliverable e-mail box address.
You might like to look at http://www.whois-search.com/whois/www.thesoaptub.co.uk

goldieab
01-09-2008, 11:40 PM
This is quite worrying for people who are out of pocket.

Although I do not use the Soap Tub (I have in the past and have found them to be 'trustworthy') but find the non-contact terrible and sympathise with those who have orders outstanding.

I hope you find a resolution and get your money back quickly.

I smell a rat!

deedoo
02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Just had this in so maybe you could try the contact details:

new postal address:

The Soap Tub, The Shop, 407 Bradford Road, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD2 2RB

Tel 01484 453453 daytime
01484 303445 All other times.

www.meltandpoursupplies.com (http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fKBNZy3fiz-tYoNcv2W7pbiZvu0SEiOKbxkkDe2K-D0gaQ83gHzc1m9WNy5-krq8p3vWU_uMqKIYdPVdQlzn4ZYPKvvuyiV-iypJHehteSxih2nnUnKfYpSvTsbsS0rK)

daniel@thesoaptub.co.uk (daniel@thesoaptub.co.uk)

Annette McCann
04-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the Whois Search address. Got a phone number for it, which I used - guess what? no reply, no answering machine - just like the so-called 'customer helpline'!!

I spoke to Daniel Janes two days ago - they are in serious trouble and my order has still not arrived, despite me chasing it up with Daniel Janes on numerous occasions now.

I'll leave you to make your own conclusions: it's not rocket science, but it is very, very poor business practice to take people's money and not provide goods and services.

"Barge pole" and "don't touch" spring to mind somehow....

nattynetty
04-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Annette, did you pay by credit card? If you did you might be able to get your money back through the credit card company. I have also read about people sending legal letters by registered post - sorry can't remember the details but someone else might be able to help - which quite often results in a refund or goods arriving.

I think the worst thing is that they are still operating and taking people's money - maybe trading standards could help too.

Sheabutter Cottage
04-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - just saw this on their site:

"
CUSTOMER NOTICE
04 September 2008
We regret to inform customers that The Soap Tub has suspended trading today - 4.9.2008
What to do next:
We will be contacting those customers awaiting orders and will be seeking to ensure that customers are aware of how to make a claim.
PLEASE LOG INTO THE MEMBERS BOX ON THE RIGHT OF THIS PAGE AND CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN DISPATCHED BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER.
The Soap Tub traded between 2001-2008 and we deeply regret and wish to apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused by the decision to close.
Daniel Janes
daniel@thesoaptub.co.uk"

Annette McCann
06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the above all. I too saw their notice on the wesbite. I spoke to Daniel janes the day before he went bust and he told he they weren't going bust. What a fibber!

He is now making himself unavailable by telephone and email.

It is my belief that he has been taking money for weeks now, maybe even months, knowing he was going bust, and with no intention of despatching goods or providing refunds.

I will try to recoup my money, but the principal is galling. The Soap Tub's customers are mostly young women and children - a soft touch. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Caz
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
I had the same problem with non receipt of an order from them about a month ago, and as I had paid by paypal, I requested a refund from them and got it instantly!

Caz

Daniel Janes
09-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I can confirm that The Soap Tub closed last week.

We will be contacting anyone who has any order outstanding - we contacted Trading Standards on the day that the decision was taken to close.

Anyone who paid by Paypal may if they wish open a dispute - we will be verifying claims with our records to ensure that only those who have a genuine claim are making one. Trading Standards also advise that anyone who has paid by credit card may contact their card issuer for advice.

All of our staff have been made redundant last week and we are not therefore able to offer telephone support at this time.

As I have previously stated, I can be contacted at daniel@thesoaptub.co.uk. If any customer is looking for impartial advice they should contact the West Yorkshire Trading Standards Service.

Please note that I cannot discuss individual complaints on a public forum or respond to any individual requests posted here.

Daniel Janes, The Soap Tub.

kinglake
09-09-2008, 09:26 PM
oh my goodness i am soooooooooo lucky i ordered with them about a week ago and i got the goods two days later.I am so sorry for all of you not knowing if you will get your goods or refund,,,i really hope it all works out ok xxx jo xxx

Bath-Bomb.Com
15-09-2008, 09:32 PM
I thought people might be interested to know that they appear to be trading under a different name - world of moulds (worldofmoulds). They are offering various courses in October and the shopping cart works, so they seem to be willing to continue to take money from people!!!

There is an email address on this site for Sarah Janes and also another telephone number - I thought people may want to phone.

I had a bad experience with these people a few years ago and lost about 140 so I haven't used them since but I spoke to a lady today who wanted to save money on Christmas Gifts by making them and she ordered from the Soap Tub 2 weeks ago, after being assured by Daniel that her kits would arrive. She's lost over 50!

Sheabutter Cottage
15-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I thought people might be interested to know that they appear to be trading under a different name - world of moulds (worldofmoulds). They are offering various courses in October and the shopping cart works, so they seem to be willing to continue to take money from people!!!

There is an email address on this site for Sarah Janes and also another telephone number - I thought people may want to phone.
These are 2 different businesses.

FairyAlchemy
15-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Sarah does the certifications and consulting for soap making, world of moulds is her site not Daniels and has been going for ages.
They used to be one and the same but were separated ages ago.
Sarah and Daniel split up a while back.

Bath-Bomb.Com
16-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh, I see, sorry for jumping to conclusions.

It's an easy mistake to make though as the Soap Tub always advertised Sarah's services so they seemed to be connected.

Has anyone had any success getting their money back through Paypal?

shiner
16-09-2008, 05:37 PM
So all that about changing address, Phone number etc was just a load of bs I wonder if the promise of resolving the problems come with the same lack of sincerity

astleysoapco
16-09-2008, 05:48 PM
You dont buy from the soap tub do you? I went to there warehouse in huddersfield :(. Dare I say more.

The Soap Fairy
16-09-2008, 08:22 PM
well no-one can now as they have gone bust - no need to sound so rude!!

astleysoapco
21-09-2008, 10:55 AM
dont mean any harm, sorry. Gosh seems like everyones having a hard time, I got quite a few tips from them on suppliers. Shame.

Caz
21-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I had to claim my payment to the Soap Tub, back from Paypal, and it was refunded the next day!

Caz

stacy
25-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi
I'm new to this site but I thought you would all like to know that "The Soap Tub" has ceased trading. I placed a order on the 3rd Sept and they ceased trasing on the 4th. I still to this day have not received my goods. I have appealed to Paypal and I started a claim against them as my calls were not being answered. The company still decided to ignore me and Paypal so I escalated my dispute. I won that on the 20th Sept but still have not received a refund because the company do not have enough funds in their account. Surely, they cant be allowed to get away with this, can they? I'm not a happy bunny, :mad:

astleysoapco
25-09-2008, 05:01 PM
I would always pay by Visa. That way you can get your money back quickly without any hassle. Hope you get your money back. I could just go around to there warehouse and give them a good firm talking to if you want me to!!

Ruth Moulds
25-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I would always pay by Visa. That way you can get your money back quickly without any hassle. Hope you get your money back. I could just go around to there warehouse and give them a good firm talking to if you want me to!!

We make Hand Grenade Bathbomb moulds if they any use :mf:;) LoL

astleysoapco
25-09-2008, 09:52 PM
ha ha!!!!!!!

stacy
26-09-2008, 12:26 PM

HI
Thanks, but the chances of me getting my money back is very slim. I haven't heard anything from The Soap Tub or Paypal since Paypal told me I won the appeal so I dont know what else, if anything is going happen. I always thought that Paypal would reimburse me but hey, how wrong am I ay! Makes me feel uneasy buying from any of these sites now as I haven't got money to throw away. :frusty:
Take care
Stacy x

astleysoapco
26-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Stacy and everyone....

Just been having a chat with the soap kitchen to keep up to date with stuff, they are really busy, due to the soap tub gone bust!! Ha ha. I imagine just a soap and the soap kitchen will be very busy.

Where do you live? The soap tub is suitated near eastman staples, on the main road near into Huddersfield. When I was there 2 women where wrapping boxes up, and I was asking them questions, and writing down wholesale information from the boxes in the warehouse!!! LOL!

If you are near I would nip in, and have a very firm chat!

Cant understand why they havnt sorted out the problems..... stupid company, wasting customers time.

I do hope everyone who placed an order with them get there money back pretty quick.

James

thatbusinesswomen
26-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Phone trading standards because they are breaching distance selling rules - it may not get your money back BUT it may help if they are closed down, other people not to be ripped off/stolen from/let down.

I think that emailing alone is a problem cause AOL, Yahoo & Gmail addresses often don't end up in their destination BUT if you have also phoned and not had a reply then - something needs to be done.

Just read that they have gone bust - small claims court may be the only route.

Tis a shame that they have gone bust but still they could at least reply to emails.

Good luck!

Cledry Yarner
27-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi - found this site by googling soap tub as I'm trying to get some money back from them. It's not a massive amount of money but I really can't afford to lose it. I'm afraid I have little sympathy for them in going bust as they just ignore people. If I was having problems I'd do my utmost to let my customers know.

Does anyone know if there's a legal way I can get my money back?

Cledry Yarner
27-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I can confirm that The Soap Tub closed last week.

We will be contacting anyone who has any order outstanding - we contacted Trading Standards on the day that the decision was taken to close.

Anyone who paid by Paypal may if they wish open a dispute - we will be verifying claims with our records to ensure that only those who have a genuine claim are making one. Trading Standards also advise that anyone who has paid by credit card may contact their card issuer for advice.

All of our staff have been made redundant last week and we are not therefore able to offer telephone support at this time.

As I have previously stated, I can be contacted at daniel@thesoaptub.co.uk. If any customer is looking for impartial advice they should contact the West Yorkshire Trading Standards Service.

Please note that I cannot discuss individual complaints on a public forum or respond to any individual requests posted here.

Daniel Janes, The Soap Tub.
And what about poeple like me, daniel? People who were assured that they would get a refund and trusted you? People who paid by paypal and are now over the time limit for resolving a dispute? How am I going to get my money back?

This is the 2nd time this year that me and my husband have been shafted by people not being up to the task of running a business. We lost a load of gardening machinery that was being serviced.

I hope you're thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Peter
27-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I think this thread has served it's purpose now, I appreciate people have huge problems here, but all that is posted now will no doubt fall on deaf ears, so before it turns into a hate campaign I'm closing it. :)