PDA

View Full Version : Charms/Embellishments

Seahorse
21-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Im a bit slow.

Is there a differnece between embellishments and charms?

Is it that embellishments are usually made of embossing sheet type flattish metal and charms are thicker 3D chunky metal pieces??!

Im not keen on the flat pieces, Im more after the full chunky 3D charms.

anybody know of any good uk sites that sell a wide range?

Thanks

Seahorse
27-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks, il look now.

Seahorse
27-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Wow!Its great, all those rhinestines n metal beads, thanks

Jasmin
28-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi
I am glad you liked the website but remember i told you about buying things on ebay, well there is a person who is selling a lot of embellishments/card toppers
Y not check him out..
His ebay ID is polycarta
Let me know how you get on

Seahorse
28-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Im a big ebay fan, tend to spend most of my day browsing and have many charm people on my favourites list.
Thanks, il look for polycarta

susantin
15-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Charms basically are something that dangle. You can actually make anything into a charm by glueing a connector onto the back.

Most people define embellishments as something decorative that doesn't hang. Like Jazz-Ups are an embellishment. They are hand painted with a flat back so that you can glue them into scrapbooks, hair bows, frames, cards, etc.

Most scrapbook companies who show charms under a category of "embellishments" are selling cheap low quality charms. Nothing that you would want to make jewelry out of.

Sharron2468
12-11-2005, 11:01 AM
I just love charms.

Just got myself one of the new italian bracelet ones, they look great.

I really think anyone can make a great card by adding lttle bits to make it look special.

Will check out the ebay seller to see what is in their shop.