PDA

View Full Version : to early for selling christmas cards??

mrs*h
04-06-2008, 08:38 PM
hi i was just wondering if you would be able to help me .im due to do a cpl of craft fairs soon and i was thinking of taking some of my xmas cards ....but i dont know if ppl will think it to early to start selling them yet? Wendy

Smile
04-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I would go for yes but i'm not sure

mrs*h
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
i know wot ya mean i just dont want ppl to be put off by seeing the xmas cards so early on but i still have a lot of stock from last year that i would like to get sold before i make new ones but i just dont want to scare ppl away with them?!!!!!!:o

claireybear
04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
I would say definitely yes take them, as long as you have got room for them. Its half-way til xmas already, and people like to be organised! I dont think it would scare people off, it gives people another option for something to spend their money on :mf:

Ifor-Jones
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes take them, you don't have to fill the stall with them, but if you have a small section you can always get more out if an interest is shown.

crafty sara
04-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi

This is a difficult one and Im not sure.
I took some Christmas cards to a craft fair last year in begin of September and hear alot of people saying they were nice but it was fair too early to but them. However a few weeks later they were selling well !!!!

However someone I work with asked me if I was taking any Christmas cards with me to a craft fair in June - I said no. She surgested that I did as if people are sending cards to places such as Oz they need to post them really really early.

If I were you a I would take them and put a few out, maybe in a basket and test the market. You got nothing to loose. Maybe put a notice on it saying you can never be to earlier or how many days it is to Christmas to get them thinking.

Sorry if Ive gone on a bit

Sara x

Tip Top
05-06-2008, 10:44 AM
I'd have some in a basket on their own, just in case - cos you never know!

I've got a fair in July and won't be taking any then - mainly because the table will be smaller than what I'm used to, but the October one I will be doing as I sold quite a few last year in October.

Hope this helps!:D

Ideas In Paper
05-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi

I would take them, I did a craft fair at this time last year and sold 20 xmas cards!! Good luck;)

mrs*h
05-06-2008, 01:52 PM
thankyou all very much ill give it a go ya never know! thanks once again :)

mrs*h
06-06-2008, 08:37 AM
here me wondering if to take xmas cards , and guess what i have just had someone call to order a job lot of 50 chritmas cards he runs a small bussiness and has aked me to make the cards he is going to give his custormers! cnt belive it! im so chuffed!!!!!!!!

Ifor-Jones
06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
There you are then, you conquered it up. Makes me think I might take a few of mine to the craft fair I am doing this weekend!!!!

craftdancer
06-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Excellent news mrs*h. You'd better get making those cards!

Linda