PDA

View Full Version : website reccomendations needed please

st2826
29-05-2008, 08:25 AM
I need to buy card blanks and envelopes, plastic bags and iris folding strips to make my new hobby easier but there are so many websites on the net its a bit confusing for a newbie.
Could you reccomend some good CHEAP websites?

Ideas In Paper
06-06-2008, 12:05 PM
The only one i have ever really used been new to all this is ideas in paper, all one word I think, but my friend swears by ideal envelopes, hope that helps a bit

The Soap Fairy
06-06-2008, 10:01 PM
HI#i

Why not try ebay they often have bargains on there.

The Soap Fairy

craftfairy
07-06-2008, 01:12 PM
You could pop over to the craft fairy site

www.craftfairy.co.uk

It has a lot of the things that you are looking for.

Yvonne

crafty sara
07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi

I buy my card from the paper mill shop they have shops all over the place. Also just set up a web site with free delivery if you send 25.00 (which I find quite easy to do lol). not sure of address but if google it it will come up

Another couple are -

www.imag-e-nation.co.uk (http://www.imag-e-nation.co.uk) ive had there envelopes and they are good quality.

www.lizcrafts.co.uk (http://www.lizcrafts.co.uk) thats also I got one and they got all kinds of things on that.

K & J Crafts is also good one cant rember web site but again if google it should come up. I only recently found them - I placed order and got it the next day.

hope this help you

Sara x

splatcat
08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm sure everyone has their own favourites. I go direct to http://www.ideal-envelopes.co.uk/ as they are the suppliers to many of the other sites but do sell direct to the public themselves

stallfinder
10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I think Twiddleys are pretty good although I'm not sure how their prices compare to the other sites mentioned. They have a wholesale section as well. I've also bought card blanks on Ebay, on special offer in Rymans and WHSmith although I haven't seen any there for a bit. The Works do card blanks and kits really cheap but I'm not sure what the quality's like.

EMEvans
11-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Card blanks and envelopes are hard to buy from the internet as you can't touch and feel for quality. Some cheap card are just that and turn out to be flimsy and envelopes see-through. I would imagine most places would be willing to send you a sample if you ask so you can check out the quality first. It's always worth asking!!

craftynanatrish
19-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I have used Ideal envelopes and found them fantastic, easy, quick and kept me informed with e mails. :) Trish

beckyboo
20-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Try Ebid UK

They have loads of bargains,much cheaper than Ebay.Plus many accept payment by cheque so it means you don't need a paypal account like on ebay ;)

ickle pickle
20-06-2008, 11:02 PM
I have never bought iris folding strips, just made my own. You can make them out of any thin paper, card etc. Just make sure that you fold them in half and place the folded side towards the centre of your iris fold. So that is's lovely and neat and doesn't show bits of white on the back of your paper for instance :)