PDA

View Full Version : Soapcentre.co.uk

soapy
22-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Can anybody tell me if you have had any dealings with Soapcentre.co.uk before. I am having terrible trouble with them and wonder if this is the normal??

The Soap Fairy
23-05-2008, 02:24 PM
What sort of problems are you having with them!. I used them before gaining my certification to make my own products and must say that the orders seem to take for ages to come through and a couple of the items I brought - cant remember - i think they were the chill pills smelt horrible and ended up throwing them away so total loss of any profit. Thankfully I can now make my own

The Soap Fairy
xxxxx

Poppy4lee
23-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I had loads of trouble with them, before I started making my own stuff, too. They still owe me money, their products were naff and they couldn't give a sh*t about customer service.

Bathtime Temptations
24-05-2008, 12:27 PM
their customer service is awful
every order i have placed with them has taken atleast 4 weeks to arrive. every order i have had to chase & threaten them to either send my goods or refund my money.
when ever i complain i never get a reply but strangely within a couple of hours of issuing a dispute with paypal they contact me.
they never contact me to state if there is a delay with my orders

1 time i made them personally deliver my order as it had taken well over 6 weeks & they kept saying it would go out the next day after phoning them but it never did

i would avoid them at all costs
their products are not worth the agro
:pc:

soapy
28-05-2008, 03:36 PM
The problems I am having have been much the same. I placed an order with them two months ago and am still waiting for the order to be completed. I can never contact them by telephone or their livechat and when I finally managed to contact them on the Md'S mobile number they piled another load of rubbish excuses on to me. I have had to contact the credit card company for a refund as the soap centre seems to have disappeared of the face of the planet now. Also, after researching the company further I have found that the company numbers etc that they give on their website do not belong to they at all. Really terrible compant and the products aren't that good to put up with their nonsense.

PeggyCrafts
28-05-2008, 03:43 PM
oh that's really annoying, I have never dealt with them but never would now!!

You should explain this to some kind of authority - trading standards maybe? That way can stop other people having same problems.

deedoo
29-05-2008, 11:58 PM
I am sorry to hear about your dealings with the soap centre.
On a daily basis i am talking to people who have, like yourself placed orders with this company and they all have the same problem. Late delivery, no communications and all had their money taken. It saddens me as a wholesale supplier that this one company can taint the market.
I can only suggest you talk to trading standards and try to take matters further.
I wish you well

Sue

soapy
31-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the advice,

I have put a report in now to both trading standards and also to companies house regarding the false company number that they are using on their website. I notice that they are now no longer taking orders and their phone lines have been disconnected!!! As it seems that this is their third attempt at trading I wonder how long it will be before they pop back up under a different name!!! Perhaps I will make sure to check out the directors names of any company I use in the future.
You say that you are a wholsale supplier - what company are you?

Kerry:mf:

Peter
31-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Don't know if this is any help - but it's not the address on their site. ;)
http://www.who.is/whois-uk/ip-address/soapcentre.co.uk/

deedoo
01-06-2008, 10:43 PM
I have sent you a private message as i do not think i can post link on board.

regards
sue

Buster
03-06-2008, 10:57 AM
deedoo

Been looking for new wholesaler can you help?

Now need someone who can turn around orders ASAP an dwith good range of products.

deedoo
03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi Buster,

I have sent you a private message.

regards

sue

susanshoe
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up :)
I dabble in soap-making, and the last time I bought anything (over a year ago now, since I got into cardmaking), finding reasonably-priced UK suppliers was difficult, and I ended up ordering things from the US and Australia.
I don't make anything to sell, just for me and friends/family, but if I decide to buy any more I'll remember to check who I'm dealing with first :)

jayne
12-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I used to work for Soapcentre in the office, unfortunately I was the person who had to take all the complaints etc, because the owners of the business, could not be bothered. I left because I was sick of the lies and them not paying their suppliers too, so they could make the orders. Which is why no one got their orders. Because no suppliers would deal with them. They still owe me wages from April, they have disappeared and I would advise people NOT TO DEAL WITH THEM!!!! DO NOT TRUST THEM they will take your money and use your money for personal reasons.

I had loads of trouble with them, before I started making my own stuff, too. They still owe me money, their products were naff and they couldn't give a sh*t about customer service.

~Laura~
17-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I bought stuff from the soap centre at the start of the year and had no problems at all, so put another order in at the start of May. Found out yesterday they'd gone bust. Explains why i couldnt get in touch with them. All there things are on ebay. I'm going to bid, i want my order haha, i can see it on one of the pictures. (probs not mine but its what i ordered)

Anyway i suggest getting in touch with your bank if you paid via credit card. I'm hoping to get my money back but i'm not getting my hopes up. If you paid via paypal you should also be able to get it back, but if you paid with a cheque or debit card you're kinda screwed.

Hope you havent lost too much. I'm gutted now too because its left me in the learch. I only bought bath bombs, well one the sheep and car ones and chill pills as i'm rubbish at making them. I hate making bath bombs with a passion! No one else seems to make them :nopity:

Brummie Phil
19-06-2008, 11:10 AM
I used to get products from Soapcentre. I didn't have any problems with them so I'm sad to hear that they have closed down. Their prices were good too. Looks like I'll have to find a new supplier now.

Poppy4lee
19-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I used to work for Soapcentre in the office, unfortunately I was the person who had to take all the complaints etc,

I'm really sorry, I wasn't referring to you, when I complained about their customer service, I was just referring to the attitiude of the company. It must have been really horrid for you to have to deal with angry customers knowing that you're hands were tied & there was very little you could do to help them.

Amber Earth
04-08-2008, 07:39 PM
The problems I am having have been much the same. I placed an order with them two months ago and am still waiting for the order to be completed. I can never contact them by telephone or their livechat and when I finally managed to contact them on the Md'S mobile number they piled another load of rubbish excuses on to me. I have had to contact the credit card company for a refund as the soap centre seems to have disappeared of the face of the planet now. Also, after researching the company further I have found that the company numbers etc that they give on their website do not belong to they at all. Really terrible compant and the products aren't that good to put up with their nonsense.

I have been using Soapcentre for over a year and have built a good business, with them and my customers. In may this year a few items were missing from my parcel, so I sent an email. No reply! I became majorly concerned when after 3 weeks of emailing (without a reply) and 2 letters of complaint remained unaswered.
All my emails are read, but ignored and when you try to ring, the phone just keeps on ringing.
I am a a loss as to what to do as their web site is still up and running, I really need to place an order, but am reluctant to throw good money after bad.
I can make my own large bath bombs, but can't find a replacement for their mini bath bombs (chill pills) Any ideas please. Many thanks for listening to my complaint

Amber Earth
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Please can anyone help me with an alternative supplier to Soap centre.
I have used them for over a year and have built a good customer base on some of their products. Mainly the mini bath bombs they call chill pills.

Originally they were great, but since May I could not get a response to missing items by email, letter or phone. As I was going away on holiday I thought I would give them a cooling off period and start again fresh.
That was until I came accross the craft forum review page and the number of complaints registered against Soap centre!

I really need to get hold of a reliable supplier for the mini bath bombs. I have several suppliers for large bath bombs and soaps, but unfortunately can't find a replacement for the mini bath bombs.

Can anyone help please? Or has anyone any recent dealings with Soap centre and perhaps have had positive results?

I would be eternally grateful if someone can help with this enquiry. Many thanks.
Love and light Amber Earth

flame
04-08-2008, 10:05 PM
hi amber earth

i used to use soapcentre as well and never really had a probelm with them but went to use them recently and discovered thatthey have gone bust and their balifs were selling all their stock and equipment on ebay a few months ago.

the only other soap maker that i know of is watkins, they do a small bath bomb not as small as the chill pills but its small.

there is also yorkshire fgragrance, they have a minimum order of 40 pounds i think.

you could also try asking on this forum, its all candlemakers and soapmakers on there.http://csnsforum.co.uk

let me know how you get on.

thanks
vicky

deedoo
04-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi,

I hand make bath bombs, soaps, salts etc including our own chill pill

if interested please message me

regards

sue

Amber Earth
06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Flame,

many thanks for responding to my message about Soapcentre. I can't beleive they have gone bust, they were such a busy company! I am also cross with myself as I had no idea they were selling their stuff on Ebay. I could have bid for thier equpiment. Never mind we live and learn.
I am going to try the company's you suggested.

many thanks

Amber Earth

Amber Earth
06-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi,

I hand make bath bombs, soaps, salts etc including our own chill pill

if interested please message me

regards

sue

Hi Sue, thanks for replying to my message. Yes I am interested in your mini bath bombs, please can you let me have prices and aromas.

Many thanks, look forward to your reply

Amber Earth:)

Amber Earth
07-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Dear Deedoo,

Many thanks for your reply, which I responded to yesterday. Please let me know how I can contact you to get prices and aromas for your mini bath bombs. I need to order soon as possible, and would like to know if your prices are reasonable.

Many thanks
Amber Earth

yorky
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi Amber Earth,
I've read your thread and may be able to help with regards to the chill pills, i have all certification and currently make the chill pill which is identical to the one you were using, if you feel i can help then please get in touch. John

Hi Flame,

many thanks for responding to my message about Soapcentre. I can't beleive they have gone bust, they were such a busy company! I am also cross with myself as I had no idea they were selling their stuff on Ebay. I could have bid for thier equpiment. Never mind we live and learn.
I am going to try the company's you suggested.

many thanks

Amber Earth

deedoo
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Amber,

I have sent you a message with contact details.

Kind regards

sue