View Full Version : Glass Coasters

20-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Hello again!

My glass painting sets arrived today, very quick considering I didnt order them until Sunday night!

I have been busily painting away, and while I was painting I was having a thought of what I could paint, and I thought painted glass coasters would be nice.

Does anybody know where I could get some cheaply? I have had a bit of a search on the net, but I can only find them on American sites, or UK ones but they are designed to hold an insert eg a photo or insert. Has anybody used the insert ones for painting on and found them ok, or do they look odd if they havnt got an insert in them?

Sorry, this has turned into quite a long post!

I hope you can help!

Claire x

20-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I saw a set of sqare glass coasters at the car boot sale last sunday, u know, ppl have losta glass they wanna get rid of from their homes ;) so keep searching in such places :)

i recall that once i bought a plain round glassy coaster at woolworth's. it was very cheap.

cheers x

20-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks Titania

Looks like I will have to get out and about a bit rather than sitting infront of the pc lol!

I was in woolies earlier actually, but I didnt think to see if they had any coasters! Duh! I did get some shallow tea light holders to paint though, they were only 24p each and they are quite solid glass

I also got a pack of 24 assorted glasses in sainsburys for 4.99 - cheaper even than buying them separately in charity shops!

Claire x

20-05-2008, 09:12 PM
As a glass painter you best friend is going to be the small local glass cutter / glazier.

Get them to cut you some some squares of glass (prob 6mm) and don't forget to ask for the edges to be ground... tell them what you want then for.....

Then buy some Bubble Feet which you can add after painting.

Hope this helps.. if you want some designs etc try www.glasspainting.co.uk

21-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the advice splatcat, when I get home from work I am going to look at yell.com and see if there are any glass cutters etc near to me. I have never noticed any, but then I have never needed them either and Im definitely not the most observant of people!

Where do I get bubble feet from? I will try googling and see what comes up, but just wondering if you know of a good (cheap) place to get them?

Thanks so much for the help

Claire x

22-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I seen some glass coasters the other day in asda for 75p each and also pack of them for 2.00 :D

Can we see pics when you done ;)

22-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Oooh that sounds like a good deal in Asda! Trouble is, it takes me an hour to get there, so I would have to buy a few sets to make it worth my while ;)

23-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I know a good glasscrafter called Steven Calton - I can PM you his email address if you're interested

02-06-2008, 01:08 AM

These do the "Bumper / Bubble / Rubber" Feet, clear in packs of 100, if they don't have any listed just telephone or email them.

12-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Sounds like a good idea, Ive seen the glass coasters in Asda too,

I recently bought some bubble feet or rubber feet that go on the bottom of glass coasters from a company called Eazi-Stops.

Try looking on the website for MOD EDIT - please read 25 post rule before placing links.

02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
I dont know if you have a chain of shops called BM Bargains over in england, they are all over NI - they definately keep them, very cheap too. And Au Naturel chain of shops stock them but then again I have a feeling they are only in NI, not sure