PDA

View Full Version : My cricut is here...

Hannah
12-05-2008, 12:41 PM
...and I am desperate to get it out of the box and have a play but my two year old is down here so am waiting for him to hurry up and eat his lunch and go to bed! Im sure he knows I am waiting as he is taking forever. My baby is in bed so I might get an hour to myself to have a go when Jack goes up too!

Also does anyone know what cartridges are worth getting? I have got the usual two but having a look on ebay and might get another.

xxHannah

louisejhampshire
12-05-2008, 01:22 PM
ooooo!!!! i couldnt wait if i were you! great patience!!!

let us know how you get on - i want to get one of these one day

craftyjan
12-05-2008, 02:08 PM
lucky you i dont think id be able to wait

Hannah
12-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Well I finally managed to get twenty minutes, Jack went up to bed and I managed to get it out, set it up and have a quick play and I love it already! Sooo pleased. My 9 month old woke up though so I didnt get long but hopefully when both boys are in bed tonight I will get a proper go and then I will be posting some cards soon hopefully yay!

xxHannah

louisejhampshire
12-05-2008, 04:20 PM
pictures are required!!!!!

crafty sara
12-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi

I have the standard one.

I like using Mickey & friends and also Pooh and friends. I love them !!! Ive also got Happy ever after and Dream do come ture but I dont like them as much (dont like how eyes come out).

Have a look the cricuit web site if you google cricuit you will find it. Its good for advise/example cards etc. Also what colours to use for what character.

Sara x

Hannah
12-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Well have played about a little bit with some shapes and did my little boys name. Am very boring as only have silver card at the mo but I reckon I will be off to the craft shop tomorrow :)

Just tried to do pics but it says I can only post pics after I have done 25 posts - typical!

xHannah

Fluffy Squirrel
12-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I've looked at the Cricut machines before but never been able to justify buying one lol. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done though :)

Snow angel
12-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I love mine and use it all the time dont know what i ever did before i had it lol im waiting on the wedding cart the mini monograms i use a lot

crafty sara
13-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Look up my post about making the mat last longer it really work I was gob smacked !!!!

serz
19-05-2008, 07:58 PM
do you think that one of these is worth buying? I have just bought the Cuttlebug as my first die cutting machine but like it so i am thinking of purchasing the cricut. Would you reccomend it better that the cuttlebug?:D

Snow angel
19-05-2008, 11:42 PM
I would say yes go for it i have both and love them both

Hannah
20-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I LOVE the cricut so yes def worth buying :)

Cant comment on cuttlebug as never tried one but lots of others seem to have them so hopefully they can compare for you

xx Hannah

louisejhampshire
23-05-2008, 07:09 AM
do you think that one of these is worth buying? I have just bought the Cuttlebug as my first die cutting machine but like it so i am thinking of purchasing the cricut. Would you reccomend it better that the cuttlebug?:D

im in this situation myself - ive decided to have a go with the cuttlebug for a while and then see if it is worth the money to up grade as the cricut seems awfully expensive.