PDA

View Full Version : Using beads with ribbon?

Silver Butterfly
11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I'd love to use ribbon with some pearls I have - mainly to thread the pearls on then tie knots around them. However, no matter how thin the ribbon is, I can't thread the pearls on there.

I've got myself a bead reamer to make the holes in the pearls bigger, but still doesn't help.

Has anyone else got experience of making something this way?

thanks!
Sarah

Chris W
11-05-2008, 09:58 PM
The only thing I can think of is beadalon beading silk with the wire on the end, this is great for stringing pearls, the only pearls I have come across with large enough holes for ribbon would be artificial ones.

BeadsbyLili
12-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I think I can picture what you are trying to do but I'm not sure how much success you would have reaming large holes in pearls. I had a slightly different approach which was to make each pearl into a little 'charm' and then knot them onto a ribbon...

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj234/MEL_BBL/ribbonpearl.jpg

(ignore the pinky tone of the pic - was having an arty moment when I did this one - lol )

HTH

Beadservice
13-05-2008, 05:57 PM
I think the idea sounds lovely, but I must admit that Freshwater pearls have very small holes, and most glass pearls only have 1mm hole.

I think it might be better knotting them onto 'beading silk thread' but it won't be the same effect

Good luck

Debbie